1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, Seboo said:

...and P-51 D/K Mustangâ„¢ on a scale of 1/72 in the second half of the year...

Please let them have the Iwo Jima long range drop tanks, that's something very overlooked in 1/72 Mustangs!

56 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

MJW should have them for around £17, which I think it's worth it for such a nice kit.

Trouble is, it’ll still be over twenty quid with postage. I’d been looking forward  this kit, but alas, no.

3 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

that's the way things are going now though. New Airfix Tempest is £14 - the days of £6 to £9.99 for a small 72nd fighter seem to be long gone..

It's why I almost never buy new any more. I haven't done for a few years now. With the way second hand prices are going, I doubt I'll be buying anything at all soon. Oh well, at least I have a stash.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

that's the way things are going now though. New Airfix Tempest is £14 - the days of £6 to £9.99 for a small 72nd fighter seem to be long gone..

Using an inflation calculator, £10 from 20 years ago was the equivalent of £17.31 last year. Add the inflation rise this year as well and £20 isn't really expensive for what you are getting. Just a shame things are going up a lot faster than most of our wages lately.

• Like 2

Well, for me, I will happily buy a few D/Ks if they are as good as the B/C - good detail, accurate, fine panel lining, dropped flaps, etc. I love the Tamiya but it has a few issues. 

Sorry to get off the spirit of the thread, Mods.

Martin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C released - F.6 in May & new P-51B/C in June 2022
9 hours ago, occa said:

Needs a blue spinner tho for contrast :)
The Indo-China version is the one for me

Good morning

Yes a blue spinner would b nice for contrast but it would not be true on the historical point of view ..

Patrice

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks mate. Its just on my area of interest then ;)

I need to get myself one of those - my stash might be a sensible size then 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning

From January 1945, the French Air force began to receive some North American P-51 "Mustang" mainly in the reconnaissance version designated F-6 (C or D) and equipped the Reconnaissance Group II/33 "Savoie" , this unit was equipped  with the  "Spitfire" Mk IX and at that time, the Group was based at Luxeuil-les-Bains, which it left for Colmar-Meyenheim on 24 March 1945.

The first mission on "Mustang" was accomplished on February 19, 1945 by Commander Martre and Lt Delègue.

Many reconnaissance missions will follow and will be carried out successfully in the south and south-west of Germany.

The career of the "Mustang" in the French Air Force will continue a few years after the war and will end in October 1953, the Mustang also served with the Reconnaissance Froup I/33 Belfort ..

Patrice

• Like 7

Arma notes in their email today that the F-6C boxing will have a slightly altered PE fret, as the paper masks aren't suitable for a scribing template in the way the vinyl ones are.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Am I losing the plot? Was an Arma Hobby P/F-51D Mustang in 1/72 mentioned for release this year? Did I dream it? DidI misunderstand? 

Thanks from te ever hopeful, Martin