1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

39 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Interesting yes, but would it get buyers? Has an Allison engined P-51 any connections to Poland? 

Cheers / André 

Polish 309 Sqn was equipped with Mustang Is in 1942.

Using one of them F/O Lewkowicz on 27/09/1942 conducted unauthorized attack on Stavanger to show the range of the Mustang.

Full story: http://aircrewremembered.com/janusz-lewkowicz-unofficial-lone-attack-on-stavanger.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Could somebody with a good knowledge of P-51s say if there is an Alison-engined variant that has the wings of the B/C ?

That way would it be possible for Arma to 'reverse engineer' such a variant in the same manner as they have produced an F4F from am FM-2?

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C Mustang by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+sprues design+box art - release in 2021

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/4796445153719137

- ref. 70038 - North American P-51 B/C Mustang - Expert Set

https://www.armahobby.com/70038-p-51-b-c-mustang-expert-set.html

P-51B/C Mustang™ 1/72 kit release information.

We are planning a release of the P-51B/C Mustang Expert Set in early December 2021. The kit will be available for preorders within a week when test shots will be available.

Kit includes all parts needed to build early and late versions of P-51B/C and F-6C Mustang. The decal sheet offers six markings options. Accessories included in the kit are photoetched parts and pre-cut masks.

258087145-4796443497052636-4667908012049

Markings options included in the kit:

• P-51B-5-NA Mustang, 43-6315/AJ-A, "Ding Hao", pilot: Maj. James H. Howard MH, 356th Fighter Squadron, 354th Fighter Group, Boxted UK, April 1944.                                 
  • P-51C-11-NT Mustang, 44-10816/278,   "Evalina", pilot: 1st Lt. Oliver E. Strawbridge, 26th Fighter Squadron, 51st Fighter Group, China, January 1945. Kit also includes Japanese markings of the captured aeroplane in 1945 (pilot Maj. Yasuhiko Kuroe).
  • Mustang III, KH516/WC-F, pilot: Kpt. Jerzy Mencel DFC, 309 Squadron Polish Air Force, shot down Me-262 jet fighter on 9 April 1945.
  • F-6C-1-NT Mustang, 42-03213/IX-H, "Azel"/"Boomerang", 162nd Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, 10th Photographic Reconnaissance Group, Chalgrove UK. Aeroplane flown by several pilots during D-Day preparations in Spring 1944.
  • Mustang III, FB244/CV-V, 3 Squadron RAAF, Fano in Italy, April 1944. Aeroplane flown by several pilots mainly in ground support role.
  • P-51C-10-NT Mustang, 43-25045/C3-W, "Snookie", pilot: Lt. Edward T. Pawlak, 382nd Fighter Squadron, 363rd Fighter Group, France, July 1944.

big-70038-profile-1.jpg
big-70038-profile-2.jpg
big-70038-profile-2-bonus.jpg
big-70038-profile-3.jpg
big-70038-profile-4.jpg
big-70038-profile-5.jpg
big-70038-profile-6.jpg

261117490-4829741430389509-6968102313572

big-70038-photo-etched-parts.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C Mustang by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+sprues design+box art+schemes+decals - release December 2021

I was hoping for some USAAF MTO decals.. but there are RAAF MTO decals, so I'm happy anyway !

Glad to see the louvre slats of the UK among the parts, a welcome touch. Overall this really looks like a quality package. Not unsurprisingly considedered Arma's previous kits.

• Like 4

Good afternoon 

All I can say is that I look forward to the beginning of December to be able to place my order ...

I have many decals sheets ready for the release of this long awaited kit  ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Interesting decision not to include any VIII AF options on the decal sheet.

Colour options were chosen to include wide national markings selection, different camos and most of aeroplane variants. Not all fit decal size, sorry. Next boxes will include other units. First "Model Kit" box will probably be Mustang Mk III in February.

spacer.png

• Like 18

22 hours ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Colour options were chosen to include wide national markings selection, different camos and most of aeroplane variants. Not all fit decal size, sorry. Next boxes will include other units. First "Model Kit" box will probably be Mustang Mk III in February.    

Thank you for these lovely looking kits.

'Ding Hao!' will do just fine. I have loads of aftermarket decals for Mustang's which I will be pleased to use on this new kit :)

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this as I will need quite a lot for all my decal sheets, also looking forward to the D/K version. One question though, why did you do the panel lines on the wings? It's a real pain filling these all the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“A P-51C with the charming name “Evalina” was the first and, as it turned out, last fully airworthy North American Mustang to be captured by the Japanese. Intensive tests followed by demonstration flights at combat units convinced both veterans and commanders of the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force that their most recent “acquisition” was a truly fantastic aircraft – the fulfilment of every fighter pilot’s dreams.”

Read a remarkable story of the aeroplane in the latest #armastory article by Jarek Jaworski on the #armahobbynews website: link.

spacer.png

• Like 1