1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

47 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Am I losing the plot? Was an Arma Hobby P/F-51D Mustang in 1/72 mentioned for release this year? Did I dream it? DidI misunderstand? 

Thanks from te ever hopeful, Martin

Correct, though it's now Christmas or new year.

I’ll suggest that ‘mystery announcement’ will be of a Spitfire XlVe.

It bears the same relationship to the Merlin variants as the P-51B/C does to the D.  No shortage of excellent kits of D’s or Merlin Spitfires but hitherto no ’quality’ B/C or XlV .

By all accounts the B/C was a runaway success, so it would make good sense to repeat with the Spitfire.  I’ll guess, initially, high back with fuselage parts on a separate sprue: low back (on its own sprue) to follow later.  Don’t think we’ll see a ‘c’ wing: not that many built.

And when?  Well 29th is my birthday: or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh yes: I’ve never been right with any prediction…

• Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released

A Spitfire is a Spitfire is a Spitfire.

Instead of 35543377863257636 x e^pi versions of one plane, you should wish a new plane kit, that is only available from Bronze Age moulds or in resin bricks or not even available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, going against the trend I’m holding out for an Arma D-model Mustang :). It really can’t be so hard!

This has already been announced: release around Christmas if I remember correctly.  Even if this had not been, look at the B\C sprue layout and content.

8 hours ago, Denford said:

This has already been announced: release around Christmas if I remember correctly.  Even if this had not been, look at the B\C sprue layout and content.

Yes, mate. It really isn’t much of a leap to get a D/K done ;). As was said above, there are already Ds on the market but it is time for an improved issue. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

It really isn’t much of a leap to get a D/K done ;). As was said above, there are already Ds on the market but it is time for an improved issue. :)

Why? A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang :P

/runs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Options in the box (pics of decals aren't available yet)

P-51B-15-NA Mustang, No. 43-248423/B6-S, “Old Crow”, pilot: Cpt. Clarence “Bud” Anderson, 363rd Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group, June-July 1944.

P-51B-7-NA Mustang, No. 43-6964/C3-G, “The Mighty Midget”, pilot: 1st. Lt. James H. Clark, 382nd Fighter Squadron, 363rd Fighter Group, Maupertus, France, July 1944

P-51B-10-NA Mustang, No. 42-106473/G4-N , “Geronimo”, pilot: Cpt. John Pugh, 362nd Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group, June 1944.

P-51B-15-NA Mustang, No. 42-106872/PE-T, “Patty Ann II”, pilot: John F. Thornell jr., 328th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group,

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 10:44 AM, Denford said:

I’ll suggest that ‘mystery announcement’ will be of a Spitfire XlVe.

It bears the same relationship to the Merlin variants as the P-51B/C does to the D.  No shortage of excellent kits of D’s or Merlin Spitfires but hitherto no ’quality’ B/C or XlV .

By all accounts the B/C was a runaway success, so it would make good sense to repeat with the Spitfire.  I’ll guess, initially, high back with fuselage parts on a separate sprue: low back (on its own sprue) to follow later.  Don’t think we’ll see a ‘c’ wing: not that many built.

And when?  Well 29th is my birthday: or is that just wishful thinking?

Oh yes: I’ve never been right with any prediction…

Amen to that.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

reposting under the appropriate subject 

From yesterday’s newsletter “Last weekend, Arma Hobby officially presented itself at the modelling show for the first time. We took part in the Babaryba Warsaw Modeling Festival. We showed the first assembled Hurricane Mk IIc model in 1/48 scale and a large 3D print of the next project in 1/72 scale - the P-51D Mustang.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?
On 10/9/2022 at 11:12 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I know there are other kits out there, does anyone think Arma will do the P-51H ? 

I very much hope so. If not them, then Modesvit 1/48 scaled down. The RS, CMR and High Planes kits all have shape issues, though the RS is probably the best detailed and most correctable.

Justin

• Thanks 1