1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

11 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Am I the only one to think that 22 / 24euros for a 1/72 single seat fighter kit is a bit expensive ? 

I already have plenty of decals sheets and AM goods  in my stash ,when this kit was announced  I had planned to buy several boxes and now I think that I will wait for the Simple set to place an order ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

I take your point. But, fortunately perhaps, I don't have any AM decals for the P-51B and there are 4 schemes included in the kit that I'd be happy to do. Plus, I won't have to shell out for an overpriced canopy mask either (which I always end up doing), or make my own seat straps.

So I've put my order in with Hannants. Just the one, mind. I'm not made of money.😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Am I the only one to think that 22 / 24euros for a 1/72 single seat fighter kit is a bit expensive ? 

Best regards 

Patrice 

I wouldn’t call it expensive considering what you get, but it’s not cheap either. It’s 40% more than the Yak-1 expert set with the same number of schemes, PE and masks. The Yak is good value for money if you’re looking for a bargain. I’m just a little sad there is no extra-sprue deal to get some use of the nice decals, and the combo deals aren’t as great as they were previously (I can imagine that they even lost money on some of them, so I don’t blame them!)

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 1

Got my order in. Living in the US no tax so they were a little over 18 euros each. It seems about the price for better kits in 1/72 plus like someone else says you get the extras along with the kit already so no after market to buy. Maybe other decals when they come out.

I don't know if they will have P-51B kits without the extra's but so far the others have.

I'm happy. 

Rick

• Like 4

9 hours ago, keithjs said:

unless you spend a minimum of £135 there's no point if you live in the UK...

Thanks to a glitch on the Arma Hobby website, it wouln't accept my UK-destined order until I had added extra kits to get the net value up to around £180.

But I got a quick response to the "kontakt1" email address (during Polish office hours), and agreed a work-around where they would remove the extra items from the order after I placed it, leaving the correct total when I went back to the order in the "My Account" screen (the website doesn't insist on immediate payment when an order is placed).

My thanks to them for helping me out with a quick response; while the glitch is not ideal the order got placed. And as the IT gods have not been smiling on me over the last few days, it kept me occupied during multiple random zero-warning "Blue Screen of Death" crashes on my work machine during the day. 

Jonathan.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

I'm not too disturbed by the kit price (~18 Euros w/o VAT); what's put me off from placing my order is the mailing cost - 22.32 Euros - more than the price of the kit itself. I know this is no fault of Arma's, but maybe I'll wait until I see it available from someone located where postal rates are lower than Poland's! :hmmm:

John

• Like 1

I think I'll wait until Hannants have imported some.  I don't really like brass etched stuff so I'll pass until a non-expert edition is available.  Their Hurricanes seem to vary in price from £11-£20 depending on which edition one wants.  Knowing how good the quality of Arma's kits are I'd say that's a bargain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I'm not too disturbed by the kit price (~18 Euros w/o VAT); what's put me off from placing my order is the mailing cost - 22.32 Euros - more than the price of the kit itself. I know this is no fault of Arma's, but maybe I'll wait until I see it available from someone located where postal rates are lower than Poland's! :hmmm:

John

Oi, 34€ here... Last time I paid 6€ for post. That’s a shame, I like buying from the source :(

49 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

Oi, 34€ here... Last time I paid 6€ for post. That’s a shame, I like buying from the source :(

Good morning 

Well compared to you I must admit that I am lucky because the delivery cost for France is only 6euros 75 ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

56 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Well compared to you I must admit that I am lucky because the delivery cost for France is only 6euros 75 ..

You are living in EU. You just pay local VAT.

1 hour ago, Torbjorn said:

Oi, 34€ here... Last time I paid 6€ for post.

Unfortunately you are living outside EU. In July new border tax/VAT regulation in EU started, the OSS. We do not charge VAT from you, but we need to make full custom clearance of all export deliveries. Polish post does not offer such service (only import). So we need to send by FedEx. Probably big players, like Hannants have much better shipping charges.

Generally it looks obvious that globalisation is turned off, free trade will slow down and, for example, kits from China and probably Japan will be more expensive and less available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Unfortunately you are living outside EU. In July new border tax/VAT regulation in EU started, the OSS. We do not charge VAT from you, but we need to make full custom clearance of all export deliveries. Polish post does not offer such service (only import). So we need to send by FedEx. Probably big players, like Hannants have much better shipping charges.

Generally it looks obvious that globalisation is turned off, free trade will slow down and, for example, kits from China and probably Japan will be more expensive and less available.

Thanks for the clarification, I guessed it was something like that: last time I ordered it was indeed Polish post, which were cheap, quick and efficient.

:rant: EU

• Like 1

Generally the shipping cost changed after brexit. I used to buy a lot of books in the UK and the shipping cost was quite friendly. After brexit everything changed. I remember buying books and paying 10 Quid for DPD/DHL companies. From 1st January the cost rose to 25 Quid. And from 1st July even more (taxes and so on).

• Like 1

Good morning Wojtek

Thank you for the explanation ...

It is a fact Kits are becoming more and more expensive so I guess that most modelbuilders will be forced to buy less kits or find them on the 2nd hand market or during modelshows ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

55 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wojtek

Thank you for the explanation ...

It is a fact Kits are becoming more and more expensive so I guess that most modelbuilders will be forced to buy less kits or find them on the 2nd hand market or during modelshows ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

It’s rather ironic that internet shops outcompeted the local hobby shops - the last one within 1000 km closed 2 years ago due to bankruptcy.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

It’s rather ironic that internet shops outcompeted the local hobby shops - the last one within 1000 km closed 2 years ago due to bankruptcy.

Good afternoon Torbjorn 

It is always sad when a hobby shop has to close , I am lucky there is a shop in Caen where I can find paints ,glue , brushes and of course kits it also sales Model Railways ..

Best Regards 

Patrice   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Which is one of the reasons OSS was implemented - undeclared, untaxed imports from the Far East undercutting regional competition.

:rant: EU for not doing it sooner.

----

Enough of that, kit talk time. 

Pre-ordered mine, along with a Tamiya Fw-190 A-3 - amazed they have those too in the shop, and for a reasonable price compared to others here..

I can see a few more heading this way next year, perhaps when there's a bare-sprue action on. 

• Like 2

I've been building for well over 50 years in 1/72nd scale and have been waiting for a solid P-51B.  Finally we have one.  I ordered four for starters.  We have to support a company that has the foresight to bring out these incredible models and I for one, am not worried about a few euros.  It's like buying a bottle of cheap wine vs. spending a couple extra pounds or dollars on a better selection.  You're going to enjoy it much more!!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Which is one of the reasons OSS was implemented - undeclared, untaxed imports from the Far East undercutting regional competition.

:rant: EU for not doing it sooner.

---

I’m not in the EU. This makes European products unreasonably expensive, and cheap Far Eastern products even more competitive. But yeah, enough about that.