1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

Wojtek Matusiak describes the latest victory of the Polish Air Force in the West in the new armastory article: "I claim an ME 262 destroyed – the story of Jerzy Mencel and his Mustang III". Link to article

Polish 309 Squadron claimed three Me-262 on April 9, 1945. Can you help us to identify the aeroplanes Polish Mustangs shot down in this combat?

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

On 11/21/2021 at 4:05 PM, uhebeisen said:

There is a decal set available from Draw Decal with this aircraft: https://www.drawdecal.com/princess-elizabeth-p-51c-released/ It is available in various scales and it's still available.

Be careful. I think all DrawDecal sets are for modern civilian machines in warbird guise. Therefore they may not be accurate. Also, the print quality of those I have had from them has not been great :(

Martin

29 minutes ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Some more details of the landing flap. They are really Braille Scale - I can not barely see them, but my finger can touch raised rivets. Marcin Ciepierski made some more photos. Including one with Eduard MiG-21 1/72.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking very nice. After painting the recessed ones should be very subtle 👍

• Like 1

/me like. 

It looks to be as finely detailed as the Flyhawk SBD-3, those rivets are barely visible but you can feel those as well. 

Now, what would you advise for those who insist on filling the surface details? Surfacer 1200 or 1000?  500 may be too coarse and not fit in the tinytinytiny holes :D

• Like 1

Wotjek,

There is a typo in the instructions for the 3 Sqn RAAF airframe CV-V FB144.   FB144 was CV-V from 5/4/1945 till they returned their airframes to the Air Depot in Aug 1945.

The instructions say April 1944 which is wrong, 3 Sqn was using Kitthawk Mk.IIa airframes (P-40L) at that date.

Steve Mackenzie

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hornet133 said:

There is a typo in the instructions for the 3 Sqn RAAF airframe CV-V FB144.   FB144 was CV-V from 5/4/1945 till they returned their airframes to the Air Depot in Aug 1945.

Thank so much you Steve, an obvious typo, hopefully we can change it in prinitng.

Edited by Wojtek Bulhak
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stilwell said:

Has anyone else highlighted that the Arma Hobby website now has a price for the kit?

https://www.armahobby.com/70038-p-51-b-c-mustang-expert-set.html

€24.5; thank you for that.0 for the Expert Set boxing, including tax.

Some "Buy Together and Save" options have also been added.

Jonathan.

Interesting; thank you for that. Absent a "Buy Together and Save" that includes the Arma Yak-1b as the second kit, I'd have preferred a Mustang Expert Set plus overtrees offer (maybe even as my first choice instead of the Yak-1b deal - Heaven knows I've already got plenty of the Arma Yak-1b kit!), but no problem - I suspect I'll order one Mustang (for now), plus one or two Techmod red stars decal sets for other projects... :thumbsup:

John

We have not seaturtle discount program, but you may use shopping tip in Arma Hobby shop: register (5% when logged in) and sign to shops newsletter during registration (discount code 6%). Discounts adds. Active subscribers may benefit more. Deal packages adds to discounts (other brand products have limit in discount, sorry).

Link to register in Arma Hobby shop system, remember to tick newsletter blank ("commercial offers" according to GDPR)

Link to register in armahobbynews blog newsletter (insider information, sometimes "commercial offers")

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

I suspect I'll order one Mustang (for now), plus one or two Techmod red stars decal sets for other projects...

As I can't find an update on the armahobby.com website, I assume that those of us in the UK are still limited to a £135 net minimum order value:

https://www.armahobby.com/blog/brexit-dispatches-to-uk-changes.html

(I don't know how much HM Customs charge a foreign trader to allow them to apply VAT on orders below the £135 net limit, but I suspect there is minimal business case to pay it, given that in this case UK importers will bring in stock anyway, presumably with lower administrative costs to Arma Hobby.)

> I'd have preferred a Mustang Expert Set plus overtrees offer

Indeed - that would make reaching the minimum order value for a direct order more justifiable (depending on the price), as it is something not available from other sources,

Hannants don't have a price on the €24.50  P-51B/C kit yet, but for comparison, with VAT included the Hurricane IIb/c Expert Set is €22.58 from Arma Hobby and £23.30 from Hannants (although I believe the VAT rate in Poland is 23%, compared to 20% in the UK).

And that is without the charge from the shipping company for applying VAT when the parcel from Poland arrives in the UK, or the option with Hannants to combine an order to hit the free shipping rate.

(For reference, on my last direct order from Arma Hobby, back in May 2020, postage on five kits cost €6.75.)

For me, there are enough other things of interest to make a direct order worth while, even with the minimum order value limit. Assuming the order can combine pre-orders and current items, and especially if the current FM-1 / FM-2 Deluxe Set + overtrees offer is still valid after the Mustang kit is open for orders.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

I get different numbers for comparison to those quoted from Eduard. Membership discount is only 15% (maybe originally was 20?), but will keep it 20 for calculation.  Profipak P51D (out of stock) is listed $54.95 USD  or €47.64

€47.64 minus 20%  = €38.11

€38.11 minus €24.50

price difference with Arma  €13.61 compared to the stated 2€ ?

Just to add another comparison to Eduard and similar scale.  Take their 1/72nd Spitfire profi kit, price is 24.95 USD or 22 Euros.  So Arma is €2.50 more.

Also not a complete comparison.  To be fair,  using discount of any type with one brand, then the other brand should be applied any and all discount offers as well.

Edited by JackG

Good morning

Am I the only one to think that 22 / 24euros for a 1/72 single seat fighter kit is a bit expensive ? 

I already have plenty of decals sheets and AM goods  in my stash ,when this kit was announced  I had planned to buy several boxes and now I think that I will wait for the Simple set to place an order ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 2