1/72 - North American P-51B/C Mustang by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+sprues design - release in 2021

CAD renders look fantastic and, more importantly, Arma seem to have acknowledged a lot of the subtleties that other manufacturers have missed (different forward wing chord, undercarriage meeting at the rear spar etc.). Their Hurricane and FM-2 were truly fantastic kits so looking forward to this one. Also an eventual P-51D/K to replace the venerable Tamiya would be welcome too. As an exclusive 1/72 builder I'm glad Arma is picking up where Eduard left off (whilst they are pre-occupied with 1/48).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Yes_Man said:

an eventual P-51D/K to replace the venerable Tamiya

"venerable"

Come now, sir. It's from 2000, and therefore "modern".

1970s kits are "nicely middle-aged". 1950s and 1960s kits are "venerable". Anything pre-war is "antique"

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll say it again - these boys really know how to engage with the modelling community which not only sees info flow both ways but also gives them a great reputation as well!

Well done ARMA!

TT

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I'll say it again - these boys really know how to engage with the modelling community which not only sees info flow both ways but also gives them a great reputation as well!

Well done ARMA!

TT

If you're not on Arma's newsletter emailing list, you wouldn't have seen this request, which might be of interest to you - your kind thoughts will be appreciated by them:

"One of our distributors asked me to describe Arma Hobby kits in one sentence in English. It is tough for me as I am not a native speaker, and because I am generally not good at writing. Maybe you can help me and send your proposals by email? It would be so helpful."

John

• Like 1

What I would be doing in a "Pro / Top Class" option is addition of a vac Malcolm hood.

I was rather surprised, they did not figure it out in Hurricane (canopy slided back, anyone?)

That would add just some pennies / euro cents to the total cost (& price), yet a lot of guys would be so much happier!

To be honest, 72 not my scale (anymore), but I'm waiting for Hurricane in 48 from them, maybe they learn along the way :-))

Zig

Edited by zigster
missing bit
  • Like 1

Source: facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/3885068564856805

Announcement of the P-51 B/C Mustang™ kit from Arma Hobby received significant attention from modellers on the Internet. It has met your expectations sent us in emails, blog and social media comments since over a year. You expressed your trust in Arma Hobby abilities to release the highest quality model of P-51B/C. You were also not afraid to ask questions about the Mustang kit, and there was one point you were primarily concerned, the leading edge of the wing. That was made wrong in many other companies kits. So let me answer your questions now!

139394019-3885063031524025-8487744138551

139390809-3885065274857134-9058678184115

139452346-3885066438190351-2429568790335

V.P.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Wish Arma would consider doing a joypack version of these like AZ did with their 109G kits!  I just need the kit plastic without all the other fancy stuff... have enough B/C decals in the stash to last for years!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Wish Arma would consider doing a joypack version of these like AZ did with their 109G kits!  I just need the kit plastic without all the other fancy stuff... have enough B/C decals in the stash to last for years!

I would hardly call decals "all the other fancy stuff"! Arma Hobby's standard boxings are pretty cheap anyway but sometimes it would be nice to buy kits like the AZ Joypack but I guess they have to look at how many they would sell like that, a double boxing would maybe a safer compromise.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Arma have issued their Hurricane and Wildcat kits (and possibly others) as "overtrees" - more like Eduard than AZ Joypack. Single set of just the plastic parts, no etch, masks, decals, instructions or packaging beyond the plastic bag and mailing box.  They've only been available bundled with pre-order new release kits and for a short time after release though, they're currently not available, So if you want a bunch of P-51's get yourself on their mailing list and pre-order a bundle when they're for sale.

• Like 3