1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

In one of their previously newsletters ArmaHobby mentioned that there are a few delays due to the current pandemic. And in the latest newsletter from 13. August there is a footnote:

PS. Before you ask; the Mustang kit is on the tooling; we are working on release preparation. An exact date will be announced then.

• Like 4

Good morning 

Afew days ago I received an email from Arma Hobby saying that they are taking preoders of the F4F and in an earlier mail they said that :

"Hopefully, Mustang will be released shortly after Wildcat." 

Let’s be a little bit patient and meanwhile let’s put some money aside to buy several boxes ...

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It certainly looks like they've done their homework and more on this one. My old fingers don't handle 1/72 scale kits well any more so I'm hopeful they'll give the same attention to a 1/48 scale edition should they decide to go that route. I'm confident the 1/72 scale kit will sell very well and I'm further confident a 1/48 scale kit would too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SAT69 said:

It certainly looks like they've done their homework and more on this one. My old fingers don't handle 1/72 scale kits well any more so I'm hopeful they'll give the same attention to a 1/48 scale edition should they decide to go that route. I'm confident the 1/72 scale kit will sell very well and I'm further confident a 1/48 scale kit would too.

I'm thinking they might not bother with 1/48th scale given that Eduard will be doing a P-51B/C in the near future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I'm thinking they might not bother with 1/48th scale given that Eduard will be doing a P-51B/C in the near future.

But maybe an new 1/72 scale P-51D? ;)

Cheers / André 

5 hours ago, Andre B said:

But maybe an new 1/72 scale P-51D? ;)

Cheers / André 

Eduard or Harmahobby a new P51D in 1/72 scale will be more then welcome ...

I am realy looking forward to read some updates about this kit ...

Best Regards 

Patrice 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Eduard or Harmahobby a new P51D in 1/72 scale will be more then welcome ...

WHY?!  Don't we have enough D-model Mustangs to choose from already?!  Many other things out there that would be better served with a new kit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, J.C. Bahr said:

WHY?!  Don't we have enough D-model Mustangs to choose from already?!  Many other things out there that would be better served with a new kit.

As with the P-51B/C there is still place for an better P-51D. Both the Tamiya and the Airfix kits have things that could been better made. The Tamiya without loose flaps and the Airfix with the bad moulded parts (antenna and stick) and bent landinggears. There is place for an eduard and/or an Arma Hobby P-51D. Why not an P-51D with the choise of building an early one without the spinfinn. I would also appreciate all three types of propellers. And what about the idea of an smooth wing with filled panellines as on the real thing?

Cheers / André 

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Good morning 

I agree with you there a lot of aircraft out there that would deserve a new kit in 1/72 but I think that you will agree if I say that this is not the place to start a Wish List ..

So let's keep ''talking'' about the Arma Hobby P 51B/C Mustang ..

Best Regards 

Patrice  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, rickpeck said:

Each time I see a new comment on this P-51B subject I think it is out. You guys are killing me LOL!!  All kidding aside I agree as above keep it P-51B but a new Eduard P-51D would be nice. 

A new 1/72 P-51D will come. New Bf 109Gs too... And of course they'll be definitive, as the Eduard Spitfire IXs, Fw 190s and Hellcats are. Just like the Arma Hurricanes and Wildcats.

But the P-51B/C is desperately needed, and Arma will provide, so let's keep the spotlight on that one for now. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, rickpeck said:

Each time I see a new comment on this P-51B subject I think it is out. You guys are killing me LOL!!  All kidding aside I agree as above keep it P-51B but a new Eduard P-51D would be nice. 

Good afternoon rickpeck

Don't worry I am sure that Homebe will edit the title of this post as soon as the will be available ...

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

From Arma Hobby...

"I expected P-51B around Summer Holidays. Hopefully we will have it on Christmas (not sure). Mustang have much more detail than previous kits, including subvariants available out the box (nose panels, photo camera, different radio, rangefinder). So it adds more to the work."

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Andre B said:

"I expected P-51B around Summer Holidays. Hopefully we will have it on Christmas (not sure). Mustang have much more detail than previous kits, including subvariants available out the box (nose panels, photo camera, different radio, rangefinder). So it adds more to the work."

Encouraging. With a subject as important as this, better slow and good, than hasty and bad. Patience ladies and gents!

Justin

• Like 3

On 14/09/2021 at 23:14, J.C. Bahr said:

Like a Yak-9, like an La-9/11 !

Wulfman

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Like a Yak-9, like an La-9/11 !

Wulfman

Let somebody in the old 'East Bloc' produce these - after all for their own home market.

Perhaps a P-51or any other Allison engined varient

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Denford said:

Let somebody in the old 'East Bloc' produce these - after all for their own home market.

Perhaps a P-51or any other Allison engined varient

Poland was an Eastern Bloc country. So Arma Hobby would be perfect.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Poland was an Eastern Bloc country. So Arma Hobby would be perfect.

An interesting thought (Arma Hobby tooling an Allison Engined P-51)

Now some of the parts would be common and others might like, for example, to study the layout of the sprues to see if there is any hint of this......

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Denford said:

An interesting thought (Arma Hobby tooling an Allison Engined P-51)

Now some of the parts would be common and others might like, for example, to study the layout of the sprues to see if there is any hint of this......

Interesting yes, but would it get buyers? Has an Allison engined P-51 any connections to Poland? I feel an new P-51D (or any other aircraft with polish connections) would be an better investment.

An new 1/72 scale P-38 are needed. Was there any polish pilots flying P-38?

Cheers / André 

3 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Was there any polish pilots flying P-38?

There were plenty of Polish-American pilots in WWII. Francis “Gabby” Gabreski comes to mind, although he didn’t fly P-38s.