1/72 - North American P-51B/C/F.6 Mustang Mk.III/D by Arma Hobby - P-51B/C & F.6 released - P-51D in 2023 ?

Homebee

CAD renders look fantastic and, more importantly, Arma seem to have acknowledged a lot of the subtleties that other manufacturers have missed (different forward wing chord, undercarriage meeting at the rear spar etc.). Their Hurricane and FM-2 were truly fantastic kits so looking forward to this one. Also an eventual P-51D/K to replace the venerable Tamiya would be welcome too. As an exclusive 1/72 builder I'm glad Arma is picking up where Eduard left off (whilst they are pre-occupied with 1/48).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yes_Man said:

an eventual P-51D/K to replace the venerable Tamiya

"venerable"

Come now, sir. It's from 2000, and therefore "modern".

1970s kits are "nicely middle-aged". 1950s and 1960s kits are "venerable". Anything pre-war is "antique"

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I'll say it again - these boys really know how to engage with the modelling community which not only sees info flow both ways but also gives them a great reputation as well!

Well done ARMA!

TT

If you're not on Arma's newsletter emailing list, you wouldn't have seen this request, which might be of interest to you - your kind thoughts will be appreciated by them:

"One of our distributors asked me to describe Arma Hobby kits in one sentence in English. It is tough for me as I am not a native speaker, and because I am generally not good at writing. Maybe you can help me and send your proposals by email? It would be so helpful."

John

• Like 1

What I would be doing in a "Pro / Top Class" option is addition of a vac Malcolm hood.

I was rather surprised, they did not figure it out in Hurricane (canopy slided back, anyone?)

That would add just some pennies / euro cents to the total cost (& price), yet a lot of guys would be so much happier!

To be honest, 72 not my scale (anymore), but I'm waiting for Hurricane in 48 from them, maybe they learn along the way :-))

Zig

Edited by zigster
missing bit
  • Like 1

Source: facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/3885068564856805

Announcement of the P-51 B/C Mustang™ kit from Arma Hobby received significant attention from modellers on the Internet. It has met your expectations sent us in emails, blog and social media comments since over a year. You expressed your trust in Arma Hobby abilities to release the highest quality model of P-51B/C. You were also not afraid to ask questions about the Mustang kit, and there was one point you were primarily concerned, the leading edge of the wing. That was made wrong in many other companies kits. So let me answer your questions now!

139394019-3885063031524025-8487744138551

139390809-3885065274857134-9058678184115

139452346-3885066438190351-2429568790335

V.P.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Wish Arma would consider doing a joypack version of these like AZ did with their 109G kits!  I just need the kit plastic without all the other fancy stuff... have enough B/C decals in the stash to last for years!

I would hardly call decals "all the other fancy stuff"! Arma Hobby's standard boxings are pretty cheap anyway but sometimes it would be nice to buy kits like the AZ Joypack but I guess they have to look at how many they would sell like that, a double boxing would maybe a safer compromise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Wish Arma would consider doing a joypack version of these like AZ did with their 109G kits!  I just need the kit plastic without all the other fancy stuff... have enough B/C decals in the stash to last for years!

Arma have issued their Hurricane and Wildcat kits (and possibly others) as "overtrees" - more like Eduard than AZ Joypack. Single set of just the plastic parts, no etch, masks, decals, instructions or packaging beyond the plastic bag and mailing box.  They've only been available bundled with pre-order new release kits and for a short time after release though, they're currently not available, So if you want a bunch of P-51's get yourself on their mailing list and pre-order a bundle when they're for sale.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My (our) prayers have been answered! Looks like Arma has nailed all of the significant P-51B/C features that all other previous kits have failed to  include. I am SO impressed by their research, willingness to encourage and actually act upon serious feedback by modelers, and ability to produce accurate, well-detailed, well-fitting kits that are intelligently engineered. I hope they sell a TON so they can continue to produce kits to this standard; in my opinion, every one of their aircraft kits have been winners. Regarding decal choices, I am guessing Arma must take into consideration what markings choices might be the most popular or colorful; like every blinkin' P-47D razorback that offered "Little Chief" as one of the choices! I figure we all have more P-51 decal sheets than we can ever afford to buy kits for, anyway- right? That being said, here's my very favorite high-back Mustang- William Whisner's famous 352nd FG  P-51B 'Princess Elizabeth!" (How in the world did Duxford let their P-51C painted in this scheme get away, but at least she's back on the right side of the pond!)

Mike

http://www.gaetanmarie.com/p-51c-princess-elizabeth/

@corsaircorp and @Corsairfoxfouruncle here's my happy dance!

https://youtu.be/0W3ZXQqJWH8

Edited by 72modeler
added link
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Remind me not to visit you in Texas if you're going to be doing the Happy dance. 😉 Thats a bit freaky to watch. 

Many of us here in Texas were recently doing the ‘Happy Dance’ just to try to stay warm!

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Remind me not to visit you in Texas if you're going to be doing the Happy dance. 😉 Thats a bit freaky to watch. 

Carefull Man, Is he still in Texas ??

I don't think so.... Far closer of your home than you can think...

Or May be I make a mistake ??

CC

My bad... I think of @billn53

You're safe for this one !! 😉

CC

49 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Carefull Man, Is he still in Texas ??

I don't think so.... Far closer of your home than you can think...

Or May be I make a mistake ??

CC

My bad... I think of @billn53

You're safe for this one !! 😉

CC

Well, here in Wisconsin we know what it means to be cold. Not like Texans, who catch a chill anytime there's frost. Just a couple weeks ago, I was pre-flighting my plane in minus-10F (not including wind chill) -- THAT was cold! And, the wind generators near the airport were working just fine, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know cold, too. For six years I lived in Connecticut, the only state where I've had to own a snow shovel. Before that, it was two years in the Cincinnati area, including one winter when the Ohio River froze over!

We were fortunate during the late Great Polar Vortex; our neighborhood never lost electricity, and our pantry and fridge were well-stocked. However, we were somewhat cut off from the world because our cable TV/internet provider was without electricity for most of a week. 

• Sad 3

Hey, I know cold! My dad was born and raised in Wisconsin and it was pretty darned cold and snowy when we would visit his relatives! We were also stationed at Cheyenne, Wyoming, and that place was REALLY cold! Had an electrically heated dipstick for the engine and transmission oil, and had to keep the car battery indoors when it got really cold, or it wouldn't produce enough  cranking voltage to start our car. I can only imagine the fun the ground crews had in the Aleutians trying to pull all those props around and heating the engine oil so the aircraft could be started.

Mike

• Like 3

On 3/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, 72modeler said:

Hey, I know cold! My dad was born and raised in Wisconsin and it was pretty darned cold and snowy when we would visit his relatives! We were also stationed at Cheyenne, Wyoming, and that place was REALLY cold! Had an electrically heated dipstick for the engine and transmission oil, and had to keep the car battery indoors when it got really cold, or it wouldn't produce enough  cranking voltage to start our car. I can only imagine the fun the ground crews had in the Aleutians trying to pull all those props around and heating the engine oil so the aircraft could be started.

Mike

Sure, Here the cold is moisturized... When it's cold and the air is dry, well, it is not funny...

But even Minessotans dislike the Ardennes cold....

IMG_20210209_204826

Not an impressive amount of snow, but the straps were deep frozen IN THE VAN....

So we carry on.... It take a bit more time...

Sincerely.

CC

• Sad 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

An new info on the Arma Hobby P-51B/C 

None that I've seen; I check the Arma website every three or four days to see if pre-ordering has been enabled.

Honestly the suspense is keeping me antsy.  I want it already!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...