Airfix new tool Sherman Firefly.

Hi folk's,a present from my Grandson was the new tool Airfix Sherman,Lovely kit which gives the option of one

piece wheel/ tracks ala Armourfast.If you go that option go the superglue route for some reason the plastic used

on these parts seemed different to the rest or it might just be me! Thanks for looking and Thanks to Matchbox

for those little bases.

20201230_140754

20201230_140743

20201230_140708

20201230_140630

20201230_140651

20201230_140614

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Driver...Stop!...STOP!!!

It looks great, but Airfix have made a slight mistake with the hull MG. It shouldn't have one. Apparently the co-driver position was used to stack ammo. Maybe they're going to reissue the kit as a normal Sherman V?

• Like 2

Superb stuff just building mine at the moment! I think the plan is to release the kit with just the armourfast style tracks as a starter set the link and length sprue is just for the normal kit👍 Hope to finish mine at the weekend!  Nice work👍

TT

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

How did you get on with the link and length Steve I’ve done mine now but it was a right faff- maybe I shouldn’t have painted them first! 

I used the one piece track/wheel/bogey parts for a quick build on this one.

• Like 1

Nice job

I got about a 40 year flashback seeing that bridge diorama base, I remember having that as a kid but I don't remember what tank it came with.

Can anyone tell me which matchbox kit that base came with? I checked on scalemates but couldnt find it.

Regards

Sard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Nice job

I got about a 40 year flashback seeing that bridge diorama base, I remember having that as a kid but I don't remember what tank it came with.

Can anyone tell me which matchbox kit that base came with? I checked on scalemates but couldnt find it.

Regards

Sard

Hi Sard, It came with the Matchbox Firefly, I don't know why more kit makers don't do these cool bases.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, metadyne said:

Hi Sard, It came with the Matchbox Firefly, I don't know why more kit makers don't do these cool bases.

Ah cool, I see it on scalemates now. Revell seem to still have it in print (unlike the Cromwell, grrrrrr) I will need to get one for nostalgia reasons.

• Like 1