160 - 1/43 Peugeot 203 pickup conversion - FINISHED

JeroenS

5 hours ago, Richard E said:

Very smart - when it's finished it would look at home parked outside of @Badder's barn

Nah, he'll only cover it with a pile of rocks 🙂 

• Haha 1

This morning I finished the 203. I'm glad I've been able to finish it, our house move project has and will be keeping me very busy for the next couple of months. The little Peugeot will be the last one seeing the finish line in our current place. 

I will (happily) be saying goodbye to my small bench... 

20210207131518-69b37caa-me.jpg

on which an A4 cutting mat just fits, and I'll be moving into a much bigger space where I don't have to share my desk for work and hobby. I'm looking forward to it. 

Anyway, a teaser for the Peugeot, the rest will be in the gallery shortly. 

20210207131006-4c2e2645-me.jpg

20210207131000-5d27a3b6-me.jpg

I went for the "farmer driving it across his land with pigs and cabbages in the back" look (but without the actual pigs and cabbages). 

I've had a lot if fun with this one, especially with the scratch building in this small scale. It didn't turn out exactly like the original pickup but close enough for me! The tyres supplied by Jörgen really add a lot to it, when compared to the old, small and skinny tyres.

Thanks to everyone who followed, commented and liked. 

• Like 8

• JeroenS changed the title to 160 - 1/43 Peugeot 203 pickup conversion - FINISHED
15 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Nice looking 'Ute' 

It's not the first car you think of when building a pickup truck, but it all flows so well. The beaten up finish suits a working vehicle as well. All in all, a great success.

Thanks Tony, I agree the lines are pretty cool on this one!

Hi Jeroen,

outstanding build. Actually looking brand spanking new compared to the 203 of my youth! I am serious. That is why I have been smelling of cabbage and Gauloise since I was a kid!

Leaving the cabbages out is a real crying shame, notwithstanding what @JOCKNEY says...

Your model is looking alive!

Congrats.

And have a successful move (do not forget to offer coffee and biscuits to the packers every 15 minutes!!!!)

JR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jean said:

Leaving the cabbages out is a real crying shame

😄

24 minutes ago, jean said:

And have a successful move (do not forget to offer coffee and biscuits to the packers every 15 minutes!!!!)

Thanks, I will set timers!