The Deanflyer Collection 2020

Deanflyer

Been quite a productive year by my standards, ten completed builds and another one well on the way. Also started a new chapter of my modelling life in that six of these builds were articles for Airfix Modelling World magazine. 🙂 In order of completion:

Revell 1/32 Arado 196 with an aftermarket resin beaching trolley:

beach(1).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

beach4.JPG

Then I built a 1/48 Trumpeter L-39 Albatros as a souvenir of the one I flew in Australia. Custom markings, paint mixes and scratchbuilding were necessary to achieve this:

L_39archerfield_copy.jpg?width=1920&heig

DSC01117_copy.JPG?width=1920&height=1080

Me having fun in the real thing... 😉

pic6_copy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Then I built the 1/32 Zoukei Mura Ki-45 Toryu, out of the box for AMW. The reticulated camouflage was airbrushed freehand:

toryu1web.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

toryumag3.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Then a palate cleanser with a quick build of a tiny scale Bandai Star Destroyer:

star_destroyer.jpg?width=1920&height=108

Then it was a Trumpeter 1/48 Sea Fury:

fury11%20copy.JPG?width=1920&height=1080

fury15%20copy.JPG?width=1920&height=1080

Followed by an Airfix 1/72 Hornet for the 'Kit I built as a Kid' Group Build, a GB which seemed to fizzle out to no conclusion:

finished1.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit

finished13.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fi

Another build for AMW was the re-release of the Airfix 1/48 Gnat with new markings:

DSC01715fixed_copy.jpg?width=1920&height

finished.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Then another quick build of the Bandai Millennium Falcon:

falconspace6.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

falconspace7.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

And a Dora Wings 1/48 Lockheed Vega 5b, coming soon to AMW:

vega.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=boun

The last completion of the year was the Airfix 1/48 re-release of the Spitfire XIV in civilian markings. I chose the bare metal racing scheme over the red G-FIRE:

9_copy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

spitfireracer2.jpeg?width=1920&height=10

The current build is a 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer, complete with mini-me waving from the back seat, recreating this scene from Bruntingthorpe, summer 2019:

buccme2.jpeg

It currently looks slightly ahead of this:

bucc9.JPG

More next year, hopefully...

Happy new year,

Dean

• Like 16

On 12/30/2020 at 1:54 PM, Deanflyer said:

Followed by an Airfix 1/72 Hornet for the 'Kit I built as a Kid' Group Build, a GB which seemed to fizzle out to no conclusion:

What does that mean Dean?

On 1/4/2021 at 9:23 PM, Dansk said:

What does that mean Dean?

Just what it says...the gallery was supposed to have a poll attached to it for people to vote on their favourite build, and it never happened. The group build came to an end and nothing more seemed to be said about it afterwards. No offence meant, it just seemed to all go quiet...

11 minutes ago, Deanflyer said:

Just what it says...the gallery was supposed to have a poll attached to it for people to vote on their favourite build, and it never happened. The group build came to an end and nothing more seemed to be said about it afterwards. No offence meant, it just seemed to all go quiet...

Thats because there were too many entrys, it exceeded the forums software I was told, I was informed it was not possible to make a vote and stated such in the chat. Maybe you missed it.

That is also why the ‘Nordic’ GB didn’t havent a poll Enzo said.

Both Craig @modelling minion and I followed everybuild with supportive comments to the end and beyond the deadline helping the final builds over the line so I thought we’d done a good job throughout.

edit: I just checked. There were 6,600 posts and we read every single one of them between us.

i feel so bad now.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Thats because there were too many entrys, it exceeded the forums software I was told, I was informed it was not possible to make a vote and stated such in the chat. Maybe you missed it.

Both Craig @modelling minion and I followed everybuild with supportive comments to the end and beyond the deadline helping the final builds over the line so I thought we’d done a good job throughout.

edit: I just checked. There were 6,600 posts and we read every single one of them between us.

i feel so bad now.

Paul is spot on with this, and has NO reason to feel bad.

We would have loved to have a poll but there were too many builds for the BM software to cope with, and as Paul says we were not the only GB to have this "problem". I am very sorry if you feel let down but as Paul says we followed EVERY build to the end and commented throughout, the software issue is beyond our control.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dansk said:

i feel so bad now.

I did miss that...as I said, twice, it all SEEMED to go quiet. It was just my perception of it. No need to feel bad about the fact that I missed something, that was my fault not yours. As I said, no offence was intended. My apologies if my comments upset you. Same to you too, Craig.

Dean

• 2 months later...