Source: https://www.facebook.com/HaulerBrengun/posts/1744751992350108

CAO+sprues

134646898-1744751739016800-7007873639778

134391046-1744751742350133-5777033558565

134457887-1744751722350135-1688874829850

134567555-1744751845683456-2734347517936

134812750-1744751815683459-5575422211796

134348052-1744751882350119-5574551491639

See also the other new tool 1/72nd Hs.126 kit project by Sabrekits !!!

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085862-172-henschel-hs126-by-sabrekits-box-artparts-release-summer-2021/

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another long-neglected type, and judging by the quality of their recently released Yak-1's, this could be a welcome update.

I was surprised to find out that Sabrekits will roll out a new tool model as well (until now they only re-boxed other people's stuff?).

And interesting that Brengun's release schedule collides, once again, with that of another manufacturer ... just like their Hawker Typhoon, that came out just before the Airfix kit, and their Yak-1 which came out about same time as the Arma Hobby kit...

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Henschel Hs.126 by Brengun - 3D renders+sprues+test build+instructions - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Henschel Hs.126 by Brengun - 3D renders+sprues+test build+instructions+box art - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Henschel Hs.126 by Brengun - released

Released

- ref. BRP72044 - Henschel Hs.126A-1 „Superpava“ Legion Condor

Source: http://www.brengun.cz/e-shop/1-72-plastic-kits-28/hs-126-a-1-„superpava“-legion-condor-1810

BRP72044.jpg

BRP72044-2.jpg

BRP72044-1.jpg

- ref. BRP72045- Henschel He-126B-1

Source: http://www.brengun.cz/e-shop/1-72-plastic-kits-28/hs-126-b-1-1811

BRP72045.jpg

BRP72045-2.jpg

BRP72045-1.jpg

- ref. BRL72247 - Photoetched and resin set for Brengun kit

Source: http://www.brengun.cz/e-shop/1-72-accessories-21/henschel-hs-126-(brengun-kit)-1812

BRL72247.jpg

Hs.126 kits sprues pics

20210222-124359.jpg

20210222-124459.jpg

20210222-124246.jpg

20210222-124443.jpg

20210222-124331.jpg

20210222-124221.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I just received the new Brengun Henschel 126 and compared it with the Airfix model (the best of the existing kits until now). I compared both kits with Kageros plans and the comparison was disappointing.

Although the Brengun kit has a very good detail the dimensions of the wing and fuselage are shorter. 

Has anybody compared the Sabrekits Henschel 126?

Best regards,

Octávio

51117971776_c6bd84344c_z.jpg_MG_1382 -v2 by ZlinXII, no Flickr

51118768780_1f4cd6cd15_z.jpg_MG_1383 -v2 by ZlinXII, no Flickr

51117971736_9a8e46ebae_z.jpg_MG_1386 -v2 by ZlinXII, no Flickr

51117724254_2971e55e55_z.jpg_MG_1384 -v2 by ZlinXII, no Flickr

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi Octávio,

Thanks a lot for the post. Have you compared the kit(s) with the known dimensions of Hs 126 too, please? The thing is, I am able to name several lessons of my own, where otherwise excellently looking drawings of lesser known aircraft types, published by renowned (Polish) publishers, contained serious dimensional errors. Therefore I am always careful when comparing kit parts with scale drawings.

If you did, consider my remark for irrelevant.

Patrik

• Like 6

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your observation. I did not check the real dimensions of the aircraft with the plans.

So I went to look for them and apparently the dimensions are the following:

- Span: 14,5 meters  -> converting to 1/72 -> 20,14 cm

- Length: 10,9 meters -> converting to 1/72 -> 15,14 cm

Comparing these dimensions with the Kagero plans we have:

- Span: 20,2 cm (more 0,06 mm)

- Length: 15,3 cm (more 0,16 mm)

Although there is a little difference, I consider it tolerable.

As to the pre-existing kits (Matchbox, Italeri and Airfix), all of them the wings match with the plans. For example Airfix has a wing span of 20,15 cm.

Brengun wing has a span of 19,6 cm (0,54 cm missing).

With this in mind, or the actual dimensions of the aircraft have been wrong until know or Brengun used a plan that was not correct.

Best regards,

Octávio

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, Octávio Mântua said:

Has anybody compared the Sabrekits Henschel 126?

I've got the Sabrekits Hs.126 today. It's wingspan is 20,2 cm and length is approx. 15,3 cm (I can not be completely sure in this measurement because I estimated the unassembled parts). But the fuselage parts are pretty similar in shape with these of old Italery kit which I have in my stash for decades.

So I think that though Sabrekits kit lacks some fine detailing of Brengun's product it is much more precise in dimensions. I feel like the Sabrekits developed their Hs.126 while keeping an eye on the Airfix of Italery kit (or both). 😉

Edited by Val_Ukraine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Hello, my fellow modelers

I have mixed feelings about this kit. Though it is a huge improvement regarding older examples, I think it is not for the average modeler.

The cockpit detail could be much better. For the instrument panel no decal is provided, so the only option is something vaguely painted, to represent instruments. The rear console suffers from the same issues. The detail is faint, difficult to paint even with the finest brush, the radio boxes (in separate pieces) suffer from sink marks and poor detail. The ribs are quite good, but the rest of the detail on the inner walls (boxes, switches, etc., ) is very shallow. Even though a photo etched fret is provided, there are no seat belts for the pilot and gunner seat.

Fit is generally good, but the omission of locator pins needs extra attention. The engine cowling consists of five pieces that need to be aligned very carefully. Some holes for the bomb pylon on the left of the fuselage and the RAM at the right are missing.

Small parts are very delicate and break easily (especially the machine gun and engine parts). Plastic is very soft and tends to melt easily if you over do it with the glue. Some panel lines need to be rescribed. Instructions are not so good.

These are my first impressions on the kit.

I hope the above helped.

Edited by sandros
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 04/04/2022 at 00:48, sandros said:

Hello, my fellow modelers

I have mixed feelings about this kit. Though it is a huge improvement regarding older examples, I think it is not for the average modeler.

The cockpit detail could be much better. For the instrument panel no decal is provided, so the only option is something vaguely painted, to represent instruments. The rear console suffers from the same issues. The detail is faint, difficult to paint even with the finest brush, the radio boxes (in separate pieces) suffer from sink marks and poor detail. The ribs are quite good, but the rest of the detail on the inner walls (boxes, switches, etc., ) is very shallow. Even though a photo etched fret is provided, there are no seat belts for the pilot and gunner seat.

Fit is generally good, but the omission of locator pins needs extra attention. The engine cowling consists of five pieces that need to be aligned very carefully. Some holes for the bomb pylon on the left of the fuselage and the RAM at the right are missing.

Small parts are very delicate and break easily (especially the machine gun and engine parts). Plastic is very soft and tends to melt easily if you over do it with the glue. Some panel lines need to be rescribed. Instructions are not so good.

These are my first impressions on the kit.

I hope the above helped.

I am used to old models and with some basic scratch skills, the cockpit shouldn´t be an issue.  The Brengun model should be a giant leap for me compared to older models.  There is never such a thing as a perfect model.  This industry is almost a cottage industry compared to 5-6 big companies with lots of resources $$$.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 6:40 PM, JFM148 said:

I am used to old models and with some basic scratch skills, the cockpit shouldn´t be an issue.  The Brengun model should be a giant leap for me compared to older models.  There is never such a thing as a perfect model.  This industry is almost a cottage industry compared to 5-6 big companies with lots of resources $$$.    

I am used to old models as well, but when someone asks me to pay 21 euros for a 72nd scale kit, this must deserve the money.

To make things worse, i realized that no machine gun is provided nor a decal for the cockpit instruments.

So i turned to brengun website and bought an aftermarket set. The set arrived (in a week, superfast delivery) with the acetate instrument panel film missing!!!! This was the main reason for purchasing this set. After 3 mails to the company, describing the problem, no reply is provided yet. The fit of the resin parts is poor, and the rest of the set does not add much to the cockpit interior. I wonder why some manufacturers keep insisting on providing unpainted instrument panels and dials in 72nd scale that are almost impossible to paint.  And the price of the set is about 15 euros + shipping.

So regardless of the site of the company, a very welcome subject has many issues and is definitely not for the inexperienced modeller. I also want to criticize the lack of response to my mails (probably due to the Catholic Easter) but i think i can wait for a week until i turn to paypal for resolving the issue.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sandros said:

- I am used to old models as well, but when someone asks me to pay 21 euros for a 72nd scale kit, this must deserve the money.

As I said, this is a cottage industry, almost artisanal.  We should look at it as a small industry for a limited rare and niche demand with only 5-6 well known industry exceptions.  Most of the companies is a one man show in a garage.  The big companies will not dare to put some time and money into an accurate kit of the Hs-126 because there is no strong demand for it.   If we like to build obscure rare subjects, we need to learn and develop advanced scratch skills.  I see no other way.   I see the positive side though. I used to have a lot of Vac formed kits and limited run resin ones.  Now we have limited run kits waaaay much better to the old kits available.  Not perfect, not cheap, but we can fix the issues and get the best of a dark subject with good results.

My two cents.

Cheers

9 hours ago, sandros said:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JFM148 said:

As I said, this is a cottage industry, almost artisanal.  We should look at it as a small industry for a limited rare and niche demand with only 5-6 well known industry exceptions.  Most of the companies is a one man show in a garage.  The big companies will not dare to put some time and money into an accurate kit of the Hs-126 because there is no strong demand for it.   If we like to build obscure rare subjects, we need to learn and develop advanced scratch skills.  I see no other way.   I see the positive side though. I used to have a lot of Vac formed kits and limited run resin ones.  Now we have limited run kits waaaay much better to the old kits available.  Not perfect, not cheap, but we can fix the issues and get the best of a dark subject with good results.

My two cents.

Cheers

I really appreciate your point.

My post was not to avoid the kit, but to be prepared what to expect when buy the kit.

I read a lot of reviews praising the Brengun offering without focusing on the shortcomings. And this is hard to find out unless you start building the model.

I think I need to start a WIP post for that.

Thomas

BTW, today, I received a mail from Jan Sobotka from Brengun/Hauler, informing me that he will send the missing part.

Edited by sandros
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 7:20 AM, sandros said:

My post was not to avoid the kit, but to be prepared what to expect when buy the kit.

I read a lot of reviews praising the Brengun offering without focusing on the shortcomings. And this is hard to find out unless you start building the model.

And I am very glad that you provided your comments, which were measured and with reference to stated sources (with which we can agree or disagree to our heart's content).  Far too many reviews, especially in-the-box ones, are uncritical: it's often only 6 months later or so that the truth about shortcomings starts coming out.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Henschel Hs.126 by Brengun - released - new boxing
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Henschel Hs.126 by Brengun - released - new Hs.126K6/B1 boxing