Ferrari F2000 - Tamiya

Hi all,

Finished this one few weeks ago. This looked like a simple car and reading the instructions, it looked like it would go together pretty easily. Turned out to be a really really tough build. I worked on this for 2 years on/off after multiple mess-up's and re-ordering of factory decals. Was almost ready to toss it into the garbage bin at one point. 

Definitely lots of room for improvements and many mistakes. Here it is, straight out of the box without tobacco decals.  Its also missing the Fedex logos on the side. The first one were peeling and the replacement decal sheet I ordered didnt have the Fedex. The main issue I had was with decals lifting. This build required quite a bit of intricate masking and I kept having issues with tape lifting up the decals no matter how long I wait for the clear to dry and harden. I never had this issue with other models using similar painting/masking/decal techniques. Lesson learned.

The engine and radiators could have benefited from a lot more detailing. OOB build just left weird unfinished hoses going nowhere.

Decided to slap it together and call it a day.

i-rzG7c8p-XL.jpg

i-wDjh3WM-XL.jpg

i-Zh8gXk4-XL.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@Dougboy  Wow! you've earned extra points for sticking with this project for so long, and that despite the headaches your decals caused, the paint made it all the way to the proverbial finishing line!  Nice build.  For what it's worth, I had the same problem with a decal on a Porsche 908 - all done, looking good, base paint on, two clear coats, decals, two more clear coats - and to my unhappiness, Tamiya yellow tape peeled over half of the bodyline Porsche decal off.  I couldn't find a replacement.  I eventually discovered that the actual car did not finish the race, because it ran off the track and hit a rock - so, mine received some weathering over the area, and off to the done pile it went! 

Cheers

Nick