F-51D Decal help.

picard

Hi folks, happy Christmas everyone and lets all have a fabulous New year for flipping blinking sake. 

Any, hoo, any help or advice would be very gratefully received kind folks, as Santa got me Airfix's very lovely F-51 for xmas. Highly delighted with the kit but not the  Korean War scheme I wanted and naively thought I just could find a 1/48 scale of the legendary "Was that too fast" decal sheet out there along with some photo added extra's, But nope. I can't find a stand alone or war bird type decal sheet anywhere with this lovely legendary bird listed at all which did surprise me after searching the tinternet thingy.

So cheers in advance for any help out there folks. 

10 hours ago, picard said:

Hi folks, happy Christmas everyone and lets all have a fabulous New year for flipping blinking sake. 

Any, hoo, any help or advice would be very gratefully received kind folks, as Santa got me Airfix's very lovely F-51 for xmas. Highly delighted with the kit but not the  Korean War scheme I wanted and naively thought I just could find a 1/48 scale of the legendary "Was that too fast" decal sheet out there along with some photo added extra's, But nope. I can't find a stand alone or war bird type decal sheet anywhere with this lovely legendary bird listed at all which did surprise me after searching the tinternet thingy.

So cheers in advance for any help out there folks. 

When you say warbird, are you talking about a now civilian P-51D in military style markings, or an actual operational aircraft?  I always associate the term "warbird" with former military aircraft now in civilian hands but painted up in military markings.  If this is the case, and it was ever a racing aircraft, then Draw Decals may possibly have it, no garuntees.  If you are talking about an actual operational aircraft, I'm not familiar with that one.

Later,

Dave

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Many thanks indeed sir,

You have more or less confirmed what I have been able to find out there as well, and have ordered the part two sheet which at least has a shark mouth with the yellow along with some other nice schemes as well, so thank's again for the linky's kind sir.

Cheers Dennis       

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...