Forklift

Been building and weathering this little guy, for a diorama I am presently working on. I used the sponge technique for the chipped areas as well as a sharp X-to hobby knife. I used light dust, and dark brown colors from Citadel.

39536021_2595256611258989072_o-vi.jpg

forklift-vi.jpg

forklift2-vi.jpg

forklift3-vi.jpg

weathering_forklift_forks-vi.jpg

• Like 25

Great looking forklift, I like it and the weathering is real. Which scale and who is the producer? Might be interesting for a lot of us just because this forklift might be a good sidestory for some diorama ideas... 

Marco F 

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I love it! The chipped paint and weathering looks very effective.

55 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fabulous, as always.

Thank you Pete.

54 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks like real thing. Really realistic.

Appreciate it Vesa.

50 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Great workmanship.  A very convincing model, well done.

Trevor

Thank you kindly Trevor.

37 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Great looking forklift, I like it and the weathering is real. Which scale and who is the producer? Might be interesting for a lot of us just because this forklift might be a good sidestory for some diorama ideas... 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco. It is a 1/32 scale Fujimi kit.

34 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Very well done! I love subjects like this.

Is this 35th or 24th scale?

Thanks. The scale is 1/32.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I drive a similar one of these at work and this is pretty much spot. (Ours is a gas operated with a mangled seat. The only differences really.) Top work Tiking, lovely modelling.👏

Thank you. I probably will redo the seat later when done with the rest of the vehicles that will be on the diorama. Glad you liked the reaults. 

4 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Great!! Your modelling and weathering are always inspirational. The palet looks spot on as well!

A big thank you from me. :)

4 hours ago, swralph said:

Very nice build.😀

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I occasionally drive a small Hyster about this size in the course of my job, the knocks, dings, bumps & scrapes on this ring very true for that one too. Nicely done. 👍

Thank you for the thumbs up. 

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Dude! That looks awesome! Photographed in the right setting and it would look full sized real.

Chris

Much appreciated, Chris. 

• Like 1

I used to drive one of these years ago for a living, i have to tell you it looks like the real one ,you have done an excellent job well done 👏

On 12/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, Stef N. said:

Ours is a gas operated with a mangled seat.

Yep, that's how I remember the ones at my last gaff.  Just like the model, 'cept orange and dark grey. - and gas or electric; with mangled seats.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Homer said:

I used to drive one of these years ago for a living, i have to tell you it looks like the real one ,you have done an excellent job well done 👏

Thank you. Glad to have gotten this right. 

7 hours ago, Natter said:

Yep, that's how I remember the ones at my last gaff.  Just like the model, 'cept orange and dark grey. - and gas or electric; with mangled seats.

Thanks. The mangled seat could be included but decided, I would leave it as is. I have one at my work, whose seat is not that mangled up. Although, it's full of little scratches here and there, but not as much as I protrayed here.