Flamin' Fokkers, Only 6 days left to get 9 more names needed for the Big Bun Fight !!

Black Knight

A suggestion.

Well in advance as this ere forum works that way and it takes time to get the required numbers

A 'Fokker' GB in 2022

I noticed that Antony Fokker started his first company on 22nd February 1912

So 2022 will 110 years of Fokker

There are plenty of models, from the E.I / II / III / IV series, the ubiquitous Dr.1, D. VII and the D.XXI to the F.27 100 and more, and all sorts of numbers and types in between.

Excluded are the types that Fokker bought in and sold on as a sales agent

Anyone for it?

1. Black Knight (me, of course)

2. Corsairfoxfouruncle

3. Marklo

4. Andwil

5. John Masters

6. TonyOD (?)

7. Ted

8. JOCKNEY

9. Tim R-T-C

10.  stevehed

11. Arniec

12. Rob S

13.  Torbjorn

14.  Peter Lloyd

15.  RC Boater Bill 

16.  2996 Victor

17. zebra

18. ColonelKrypton

19. dnl42

20. Blitz23

21. GREG DESTEC

22. ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

;)

A World War II pilot is reminiscing before school children about his days in the air force.

"In 1942," he says, "the situation was really tough. The Germans had a very strong air force. I remember, " he continues, "one day I was protecting the bombers and suddenly, out of the clouds, these fokkers appeared.

I looked up, and right above me was one of them. I aimed at him and shot him down. They were swarming. I immediately realized that there was another fokker behind me."

At this instant the girls in the auditorium start to giggle and boys start to laugh. The teacher stands up and says, "I think I should point out that 'Fokker' was the name of the German-Dutch aircraft company"

"That's true," says the pilot, "but these fokkers were Messerschmidts."

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Anatol Pigwa said:

A World War II pilot is reminiscing before school children about his days in the air force.

I've seen this attributed (wrongly) to Douglas Bader. Memorably Stan Boardman ("the Jairmans") told the tale to a clearly hugely embarrassed Des O'Connor in the 80s. Boardman wasn't seen on TV much after that! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, TonyOD said:

BTW @Black Knight sign me up, I have a Fw 190 that'll tick the box!

EDIT: I have got completely the wrong end of the stick here, haven't I? 🤣

Ha! That was my first thought too, then I realised...

However I do have some DVIIs and Eindeckers in the stash and I do like small airliners, so sign me up 😁

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

ah,

1. I forgot about this

2. I never get notifications so never knew there were postings on here

3. I'll sort this out in a couple of days time cos I'm away tomorrow into Friday

• Like 1

• Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 10, soon be there

You can only join once Ted !  :P   :lol:

Right chaps, I've got organised and sorted the victims, err . . . . the volunteers list. Please check it.

Also I've made an amendment, to exclude certain Fokker products, Please read it in the intro

• Haha 1

I am very interested in this GB. I have got a few in the stash. I am terrible at the moment with GB's, but hope to be able to start the gb when it is there.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 11, soon be there
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Sounds like a good excuse to build a Revell 1:144 F100 in Flight West or Alliance livery if allowed as the above intro only mentions up to the F27?  

Shure, a F.100 is fine

I just went to F.27 as a loose example

• Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 12, we're getting there, slowly but surely
  • 3 weeks later...

I was trying to gain support for an SE5a STGB, but it sort of got lost in the changeover to the Bunfight!  system. Although the Fokkers are among my least favourite Great War machines, I'm in for the sake of supporting modelling interest in this conflict, whose hobby representation seems so far short of its interest to historians and readers.

I'll probably do a DVII.

• Like 2

Count me in!    I’m building a collection of colorful 1/72 WW1 fighters, I’ve got 4 more Eduard Dr.1s in the stash still to do, plus two more Eduard D.VIIs yet to do....

spacer.png

• Like 5