Flamin' Fokkers, Only 6 days left to get 9 more names needed for the Big Bun Fight !!

Black Knight

32 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice collection of Fokker’s, never have seen one in the violet and red before ? 

Thanks!   That lilac-trimmed one seems to generate the most questions.

I hadn’t seen one like that before, either, until I found this for Rudolph Stark, Jasta 34b:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rudolf+stark+fokker+dr.1+jasta&client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=p9d8YLjfEO3s_QaFjpm4BA&oq=rudolf+stark+fokker+dr.1+jasta&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBwghEAoQoAE6BAgAEB46AggpOgUIIRCgAToFCCEQqwI6BggAEBYQHlC3UFj_pgFgqasBaABwAHgAgAG7AYgBxRSSAQQyMC43mAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#imgrc=Af1zj-C10HFDtM

I know the above link is from a flight simulator game site- I don’t consider them valid references on their own.  But it seemed like a reasonable interpretation of the photos of Stark’s 148/17, as posted on fokkerdr1.com.   I also found some corroboration on another site (Aerodrome, maybe?) but I don’t remember for sure which one now.....

The scheme seemed reasonable, given that Lilac seems to be the commonly accepted color for the trim on Stark’s later Fokker D.VII mounts....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 15, half-way to the Bun Fight
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 16, over half-way to the Bun Fight
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 17, over half-way to the Bun Fight
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 18, over half-way to the Bun Fight
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Now at 19, almost 2/3 to the Bun Fight
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, 2/3 to the Bun Fight ! Only 10 more players needed
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, over 2/3 to the Bun Fight ! Only 9 more names needed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Only 9 more names needed for the Big Bun Fight in 4 weeks time
On 11/10/2021 at 20:19, 2996 Victor said:

This GB needs to go forward - can I sign up twice? Just asking ;)

ah, if only . . . .

Theres still time to sign up and get this into the Great Britmodeller Bun Fight

• Like 1

• Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Only 9 more names needed for the Big Bun Fight in 2 (!!!!) weeks time
  • Black Knight changed the title to Flamin' Fokkers, Only 6 days left to get 9 more names needed for the Big Bun Fight !!