Mercenary

Here is a very old piece from Seil Models.

Did this one in the livery of De Vere, Earl of Oxford, who was Henry VII's general at the Battle of Bosworth (a place close to my heart as I grew up very near there (where it happened, as well as where people thought it happened)).

Not perfect by any means, but an unusual subject that was fun to paint.

20201229_140426 20201229_140454 20201229_140510 20201229_140519

• Like 15

1 hour ago, swralph said:

Who cares about perfect as long as you are having fun.

Very nicely painted Dave.😀

Just improving every time is enough.

The learning curve never ends.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, Big Dave S said:

.............Battle of Bosworth (a place close to my heart as I grew up very near there (where it happened, as well as where people thought it happened)).

So................enquiring minds need to know, how close to Tam'orth..........

Another from Leicestershire (Ashby-de-la-Zouch)

4 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

So................enquiring minds need to know, how close to Tam'orth..........

Another from Leicestershire (Ashby-de-la-Zouch)

Tamworth? No (that was the Anglo-Saxon capital at one time, I think....?)

Grew up in Nailstone. Used to cycle around the Bosworth/Shenton/Dadlington/Twycross area loads in my youth.

And went to a hacksaw and Bosch drill dentist in Ashby in the 70s. Still smile and grimace in turns at that memory.

Are you still thereabouts?

Just checked: Tamworth was capital of the A/S kingdom of Mercia. I knew there was some historical significance from that period.

Edited by Big Dave S
Checked something out

On 12/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, Big Dave S said:

a hacksaw and Bosch drill dentist

Ahh, so they still had 'em around then, most of my experience with that type of 'dentist' was in the '60's.

Not in the locality anymore, around 60 miles North of you, Whitby side of Guisborough. Come to a club meeting, (when they resume) it'll

drive the other members bonkers to have two of us speaking properly, believe it would be a help to the area, two of us on missionary work..... :wicked:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Ahh, so they still had 'em around then, most of my experience with that type of 'dentist' was in the '60's.

Not in the locality anymore, around 60 miles North of you, Whitby side of Guisborough. Come to a club meeting, (when they resume) it'll

drive the other members bonkers to have two of us speaking properly, believe it would be a help to the area, two of us on missionary work..... :wicked:

It's funny. I worked for RCBC for 7 yrs and for 3 of those with a guy from Kirby Muxloe/Nuneaton. We got on like a house on fire and still go to Tigers games when we can.

Damned Midlanders get everywhere, loike.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Big Dave S said:

It's funny. I worked for RCBC for 7 yrs and for 3 of those with a guy from Kirby Muxloe/Nuneaton. We got on like a house on fire and still go to Tigers games when we can.

Damned Midlanders get everywhere, loike.

Brave man AND you stuck it out for SEVEN :blink: years! More familiar with Treacletown than Mucky. Well, you've got to remember, there's a LOT more of us............... :whistle:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Brave man AND you stuck it out for SEVEN :blink: years! More familiar with Treacletown than Mucky. Well, you've got to remember, there's a LOT more of us............... :whistle:

Wasn't a bad job, actually. Recession did for it.

Only real issue was the hour commute each way.

Edited by Big Dave S
Typo