1/48 F-4B Drone Aircraft

Last build of 2020.  Hasegawa kit, modified with antennas removed and some aftermarket seats/intake covers/exhausts (since I ruined the kit ones).  Straight forward Hasegawa build and the raised panel lines are perfect (IMO) for these solid International Orange schemes.  Pretty much any picture you see of these aircraft, they are not weathered...so I kept the same for this build.  Still debating if I want to put a white belly tank on.  Caracal decal set CD48176, by far the best decals I have used recently.  

Cheers 

Collin

vGc3OH8.jpg

JDLbdHP.jpg

UYw58e6.jpg

8uUAOvN.jpg

GnCUok8.jpg

CvvR0Nq.jpg

keHxGuo.jpg

vh1eSk4.jpg

fABYKuT.jpg

M2PtQJf.jpg

tehMW2o.jpg

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

Wow! orange is a horrible colour to work with in my experiance, and to get it looking solid and deep, you have done an amazing job there.

What a cracking build, thanks for sharing.

Matt

• Like 1

Primer coat of Alclad white was used and lightly sanded after drying. Then I used Model Masters plain old International Orange thinned with MLT.  After the orange was on I took a airbrush cup of MLT and misted it over the orange to level it all out and it really adds to the gloss finish. You have to be careful with the gloss Model Master paints, it’s very tacky. All orange parts sat in my small closet that my home furnace sits  in. It’s very warm in there and it baked on the orange finish. After 2-3 days it was hard as a rock. No issues handling it after that painting the walkways and decaling process. 

Cheers

Collin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for explaining your process. It's clearly very effective! I've heard of a flash coat of MLT but I've never tried it. I used MM some number of years ago and I forgot how well it can cover. But I don't believe I ever got such a gloss coat.

I now use Mr Color almost exclusively, so I'm familiar with the joys of MLT.

Beautiful work!

The future's bright.........................the future's..................I'll get my coat!