New Arma Hobby models to be announced tomorrow 30 December

TEMPESTMK5

3 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

True and they are doing a very fine job

Yeah. I just had a look of the CADs of new models on facebook. Incredible detail level. And I know how FM-2 looks like. So if the same standard is maintained - this team becomes a very strong competitor. 

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dennis_C said:

Honestly I now feel like these guys are doing the 1/72 revolution claimed before by Eduard.

I see it more as a joint effort. More power to their collective elbows.

And so good to see a Mustang III - it'll be an absolute cracker.  

• Like 1

And they do read this forum - see this little note at the bottom of their release announcement.

It makes perfect sense for Eduard to release a Hurricane kit with Arma sprues, no long wait for a container with plastic to arrive from Japan and the quality is on par with the best.

COOPERATION WITH EDUARD

Eduard, a prestigious manufacturer of plastic accessories and models, proposed a repacking of the Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk I model.

The Limited Edition model with Eduard accessories is expected to be released in the third quarter of 2021. As we are no accessories manufacturer, we would try with Eduard to offer exclusive value pack kits to modellers.

There were some rumours on forums that Arma Hobby designed moulds for Eduard or Special Hobby. No, we didn’t, and we are just sprues supplier to Eduard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LN-KEH said:

There were some rumours on forums that Arma Hobby designed moulds for Eduard or Special Hobby. No, we didn’t, and we are just sprues supplier to Eduard.

Interesting. Is that still SH who did the moulds for 109E while Arma casted the the sprues?

28 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Interesting. Is that still SH who did the moulds for 109E while Arma casted the the sprues?

From Arma's blog:

^^ Reads like they just mean they are supplying the sprues for Eduard's Arma Hurricane re-edition.

Reading the following I can hardly imagine Arma has the resources to make sprues for other manufacturers:

Having three ready for tooling projects, we may not be able to finance their production simultaneously.

• Like 2

• Julien locked this topic