Jump to content

New Arma Hobby models to be announced tomorrow 30 December


TEMPESTMK5
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

it could be Anything with the Hurricane being done  Here is my suggestions Spitfire MKIX Mustang MKIII  Spitfire LF.XVIe  Yak-3 

There are some marks of Hurricane they haven't done yet.  The IId and the IV, plus Canadian builds and Sea Hurricanes.  Persoanlly I would be extremely happy if they opted for a series of Spitfire XIVs.  I was disappointed with the Sword kits.  I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a Spitfire VB.  Used by many Polish squadrons.  If I was a betting man though I think I'd go for a Mustang III.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Me 109E in 1:72 (who else could have prepared moulds of that quality in a hurry for Eduard / Special  Hobby).

I think there was a story explained by Eduard boss that SH folks prepared the moulds based on Eduard's workings. And I think in SH they are quite agile to do so in a quick turnaround. So hopefully they did not need to engage yet another firm into their affair :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

I think there was a story explained by Eduard boss that SH folks prepared the moulds based on Eduard's workings. And I think in SH they are quite agile to do so in a quick turnaround. So hopefully they did not need to engage yet another firm into their affair :)

From Vladimir Sulc editorial in Eduards December 2020 Info regarding the 1:72 Bf 109E kit  

April will see the release of Adlerangriff 1:72 and it will share the marking options of its bigger brothers, even though there may be minor changes made.

In terms of the plastic.  This will come from the Bf 109E Special Hobby kit, which came about as a co-operative effort between Special Hobby and Eduard.

Our share of the work is less significant, and more of the work was handled by our colleagues at Special Hobby, who took our original 1:48th scale kit and altered it, corrected it, generally modernised it, brought it in line with the latest research available, and put it into production.

Development of the kit was also taken part in by a third party, which, for now, would like to remain anonymous, but also put forth a wonderful effort. It was the third party that made the moulds, and that produces the plastic.

We all worked together to put this kit into production within five months. If you would like to know if such co-operative efforts will continue, the answer is yes. 

 

I like Special Hobby and their kits, but they seem to take their time from kit concept to release - fast turn-around does not seem to be their strength.

With the current slow-down of transport, the third party is likely to be found in trucking distance from Praha - and I am quite sure it isn`t team Muzikant in AZ/KP.

And Arma has built a reputation for quality and short time from concept to release.  With a Me 109E kit, Arma can release dogfight doubles with the PZL 11 and Hurricane kits.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Development of the kit was also taken part in by a third party, which, for now, would like to remain anonymous, but also put forth a wonderful effort. It was the third party that made the moulds, and that produces the plastic.

You are right. I forgot about this. Just recalled that SH was doing major work based on Eduard's 1/48 kit. 

But in that case I doubt Arma will be the third firm to release same aircraft. This would be cannibalising market in my view. Still that does not exclude that Arma could have gone further and produce two moulds or maybe they will produce earlier messers e.g. D version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arma Hobby's FB page on Christmas Eve said "new kits announcement". I don't know if that's a typo or they are announcing multiple kits. We know there's a 1/48th Hurricane coming so that might be one of them and I would love to see a Spitfire Mk.XI or any PR Spit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

You are right. I forgot about this. Just recalled that SH was doing major work based on Eduard's 1/48 kit. 

But in that case I doubt Arma will be the third firm to release same aircraft. This would be cannibalising market in my view. Still that does not exclude that Arma could have gone further and produce two moulds or maybe they will produce earlier messers e.g. D version?

 

The two companies have clearly close cooperation links.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/3838528142844181

 

Quote

Today we have received a Christmas card from Eduard. As you know Eduard suffered badly when their warehouse burned out a few days ago. Thank you so much Eduard for Christmas and New Year Wishes and take care in those hard time for your company. Hopefully our cooperation in 2021 will be a great success for both companies.

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Arma Hobby's FB page on Christmas Eve said "new kits announcement". I don't know if that's a typo or they are announcing multiple kits. We know there's a 1/48th Hurricane coming so that might be one of them and I would love to see a Spitfire Mk.XI or any PR Spit.

 

It's not a type, same is written in Polish. I assume aside new tool kit some new scheme variants of older kits will be announced too.

5 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Oh, Arma Hobby guys, one thing I would be really like to get is an Iskra box for the Biało-Czerwone Iskry display team. 

 

And Indian air force. Too bad nobody made aftermarket decals for those. I'm I remember correctly, in the past those were in plans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MiG-Mech said:

Bf 109 G-6 !!! :D

 

Statler-and-Waldorf-picture.jpg

 

My (serious) wishes, something modern, Polish and in my favourite scale: 1/48th plastic injected TS-11 Iskra and PZL-130 Orlik kits.

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they are really responsible for downsizing of Bf-109E ( which I doubt TBH) then we could have another of Eduard's 48th scale models done in 1/72: Tempest, Bf-109f/g/k, Mustang or even Spitfire Mk.I. One can hope... Or P-39...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arma Hobby: programme 2021

Source: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2020/12/30/arma-hobby-new-kit-announcements-for-2021/

 

1/48

- Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC - link

- PZL P-11C - link

 

1/72

- N.A. P-51B/C Mustang - link

- Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat - link

 

 

Quote

CONTINUATION OF THE HURRICANE MK II AND YAK-1B PROJECTS

More Hurricane Mk IIb boxes will be released in the coming months. In addition to the primary and tropical versions, several limited models were planned, including the Hurricane Mk IIa. Yak-1b will come out in another limited edition – Soviet Aces. We also have two simple designs of the Hurricane Mk IId and Sea Hurricane IIc to be tooled when possible (just a small frame with wings and cannons or a new fuselage). We cannot say precisely when they will be released; it depends on free resources in the workshop.

 

70043-box-300x300.jpg 70030-box-300x300.jpg 

COOPERATION WITH EDUARD

Eduard, a prestigious manufacturer of plastic accessories and models, proposed a repacking of the Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk I model. The Limited Edition model with Eduard accessories is expected to be released in the third quarter of 2021. As we are no accessories manufacturer, we would try with Eduard to offer exclusive value pack kits to modellers.

There were some rumours on forums that Arma Hobby designed moulds for Eduard or Special Hobby. No, we didn’t, and we are just sprues supplier to Eduard.

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, two very interesting subjects in 1/72, guess that now my Hasegawa Wildcat with plenty of aftermarket in the box has become obsolete...

Not that I care, I can still build it while waiting to lay my hands on the beauty that I expect the Arma kit to be. There's enough room for a few Wildcats here

The P-51B/C is also welcome, hopefully they'll be the first to get all shapes right

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Well, two very interesting subjects in 1/72, guess that now my Hasegawa Wildcat with plenty of aftermarket in the box has become obsolete...

Not that I care, I can still build it while waiting to lay my hands on the beauty that I expect the Arma kit to be. There's enough room for a few Wildcats here

The P-51B/C is also welcome, hopefully they'll be the first to get all shapes right

 

For sure there is no need for one more inaccurate P-51B/C. Will Arma Hobby be the first to give us one with all shape right? Well, I don't think Arma Hobby dare to give us another bad Mustang...

 

Cheers / André 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

1/72

- N.A. P-51B/C Mustang - link

- Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat - link

Now I think I'll finally take cash out and buy a Mustang III for myself :) glad did not spend money for KP kit. 

As to f4f-4 - hope they will have all shapes right not like Airfix with their incorrect spine height. 

So both kits are very good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Julien locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...