50859613698_06175f4e26_k.jpg

The windows were masked on both sides with the supplied masks:

50860425352_7cc0511a18_k.jpg

And my new tool is ready:

50842309332_bdb787aef6_k.jpg

Stay tuned... 😋

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

I have an iwata and it is very nice ( that said my main airbrush is a KKmoon and it cost me €15 and it’s not too bad at all)

I have the MENG one, but Iwata is amazing. Just amazing! 🤤

4 hours ago, opus999 said:

I have that same airbrush and absolutely love it!

Now I know why... 👍 It performs excellent and it's a joy to use it.

Thank you! 🙂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Looks good together. Your pics are sooo much more sophisticated than mine. I think I might have to keep my thumbs out of the shots. 🤣

All I need is wait for Sunday as the only day when I can take a pictures in the daylight! 😉 I’m not a word master, so I relying on the pictures to make my threads as good as possible.

11 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Great work Nikolay.

Thank you, Johnny! 🤝 Now it’s time to look at your progress.

• Like 1

Well folks,

now it’s time to show you some progress on the Hind! 😺

My new Iwata airbrush was charged and the paint was applied as I planned:

50893732686_8d425d9b58_k.jpg

The other side of the cabin wall looks great, too:

50893732601_43ee59726d_k.jpg

None of the details weren’t lost under the paint! 👍

Some subassemblies was painted with the same colour with a bit of post shading (not so visible here):

50893732511_68997b81b2_k.jpg

The tires were painted and the gearbox now has its own blue-ish colour:

50893019708_a551b844e0_k.jpg

The cockpit still needs some additional touches of paint, I think I’ll do it with the brush this week.

I carefully masked the seat belts before painting, but there’s some overspray occurred:

50893732221_46607a075f_k.jpg

I hope it’ll looks better under the wash. 😬

Yes, the wash:

50893019433_0ed192a947_k.jpg

Johnny (@The Spadgent) provides me these cool bottles along with the hand-written instructions and I can’t wait to try it! 😋

The tail rotor and engines is under their own first coats of grey and silver:

50893019668_fa5ed0b462_k.jpg

And the rocket launchers were silvered, too:

50893732271_eecb729873_k.jpg

I think about trying here the Mr.METAL COLOR, that can be polished later.

That’s all for today, thanks for looking! 🤝

• Like 13

Wowza! Soon as I think I’m one step ahead to go and do rotors and wheels. 🥳🤣👌👏👏👏

excellent progress. I see what you mean about construction. You’re hitting this totally different to the way I did it. Probably for the better. 🙂 I can’t believe you masked the seat belts. 😳😳😳 I hand paint stuff like that. Nerves of steel. 🤩 The parts are looking great with a spot of paint. Even better with a wash. (Don’t forget to shake it well, stir it and decant it) good luck dear friend.

Johnny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wowza! Soon as I think I’m one step ahead to go and do rotors and wheels. 🥳🤣👌👏👏👏

Exactly! 👏😉

excellent progress.

Thank you, Johnny! 🤝

I see what you mean about construction. You’re hitting this totally different to the way I did it. Probably for the better. 🙂

I just dry fit the parts and try to glue as much as possible, then I try to paint as much as possible and so on... 😬 I haven’t enough place for modelling, so I need to pack my things after the modelling session.

I can’t believe you masked the seat belts. 😳😳😳 I hand paint stuff like that. Nerves of steel. 🤩

I tried to paint them by brush some time ago and wasn’t pleased with the results. Looks like I need to choose the proper technique for the small stuff painting.

The parts are looking great with a spot of paint. Even better with a wash. (Don’t forget to shake it well, stir it and decant it) good luck dear friend.

Thank for your advice, I’m nearly ready for the work with the wash! 👍

23 minutes ago, Dadeo911 said:

The PE for the open windows look great.  Nice touch.

Thank you, Chris! 👏

24 minutes ago, Dadeo911 said:

Looks like you are jumping right in with your new airbrush.

Yes, it’s amazing tool and worth the investment. Absolutely! 😺

• Like 5

Hello friends,

I have something to show you! 😸

It was a busy week and I haven’t had a modelling time. Except some occasional late-night sessions... 🌃

For start, I tested the Flory Wash and I like it a lot! The main downside is that I haven’t enough practice on weathering at all and I got this in the end:

50914119562_0715e5bcd2_k.jpg

On the second stage I fitted the coloured PE parts to the cockpit. Initially I was sceptical about this type of PE sets, but using the PE scissors for cutting and hairy stick for painting the end faces of each detail (where were the connections between the parts and fret) was very productive:

50914119647_502804b6d4_k.jpg

The following moderate weathering with the Flory Wash dulled the surfaces and now the cockpit stuff looks uniform:

50914119442_80a4642220_k.jpg

The wiring and some additional parts were hand-painted:

50913985256_65d9f863ca_k.jpg

I like how the dials and knobs popped up:50913299168_47b25da9e1_k.jpg

The cockpit ceiling has its own details:

50913985466_4b03794319_k.jpg

Also I weathered the cabin walls:

50914119852_607bc95bc0_k.jpg

It’s not so spectacular as Johnny (@The Spadgent) did, but looks nice:

50914119742_e5dad529da_k.jpg

I can’t say that I completely satisfied and I can’t anticipate the weathering results yet, but cockpit-to-fuselage dry fit is a worth-looking:

50913299363_00df23e9d0_k.jpg

More to follow, thanks for watching! 🐈

• Like 17

-Very nice cockpit Nikolay, it is not noticeable to see you are a beginner with Flory, I use this stuff for many years and I don't achieve better results, in this way Johnny is a master, I still learn a lot reading his post even if I'm acquainted with modelling since my fifteens, I'm 77 since yesterday....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hamden said:

Looking good, very nice cockpit

Thank you, Roger! 🤝

8 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-Very nice cockpit Nikolay, it is not noticeable to see you are a beginner with Flory, I use this stuff for many years and I don't achieve better results, in this way Johnny is a master, I still learn a lot reading his post even if I'm acquainted with modelling since my fifteens, I'm 77 since yesterday....

Thanks, J.M. Happy birthday! 🥳🎈 I think it’s all about the practice and the mood. 😉

Stay safe!

• Thanks 1

Fantastic result!! That office is great, and it looks like your fit is better than mine. I must have made an error somewhere putting the roof panel on. The colours work really well and the wash has made those deep areas really pop. I’m glad they worked for you. 😇

I’ve had no time this week also but am now headed to the cave for a Sunday treat. 🤩 keep it up she’s looking stunning. 👌

Johnny.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Fantastic result!!

4 hours ago, James G said:

Nice progress Nikolay!

Thank you Johnny, thank you James! 🤝

That office is great, and it looks like your fit is better than mine.

It’s my second 72nd scale Hind, so I was warned about its features. 😜

I must have made an error somewhere putting the roof panel on.

Mine doesn’t fit well on the sides - it needs some trimming.

The colours work really well and the wash has made those deep areas really pop. I’m glad they worked for you. 😇

I like how the wash worked for the cockpit, but I wasn’t able to repeat the same results inside an engine bay (it’s too grainy even decanted)... I need some additional testing. 😉

I’ve had no time this week also but am now headed to the cave for a Sunday treat. 🤩 keep it up she’s looking stunning. 👌

Well, in this case I got something to show you! 😹

The windows were glued with a Tamiya Multipurpose Cement (Clear) and the framing of the first two windows was just dry-fitted:

50917677983_1921f02b46_k.jpg

Looks not so bad 😋:

50917677833_2987623695_k.jpg

Et voilà, the gearbox installed:

50918499802_78c543edb8_k.jpg

The cabin ceiling along with the final tweaks to the cockpit ceiling:

50918367851_b3fd56ea8b_k.jpg

I’m not ready to install the engines, but overall progress in this area looks like this:

50917677618_4dc440fbc8_k.jpg

I don’t like some things I’ve made (I need to stop rushing!), but it’s looking good on the photos. Hope you like it! 😸

• Like 14

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

- That kit is really nice, it is impossible to sort out the differences with its 48 counterpart, pilot/gunner station excepted, with your  fantastic job and photos on it

Thank you, J.M.! ☺️ There’s no difference between these 72nd and 48th scale kits, except the parts for the «A» and few other bits.

It was sunny today, so the photos are bit bright, I love to take a pictures on a cloudy weather. 📷

looking gooood! 
Even nicer now all the parts are coming together. 
Your windows look good too. 

6 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

(it’s too grainy even decanted)..

If you are getting bits it needs more shaking. If you have something you can stir the pot with even better. Do that then shake again.  I have found recently that using a glass pipette to extract some from the pot into a little dish works well. Try giving it a good mix once decanted too. It’s a pain, I don’t know why it goes grainy but it is possible to mix it out. Even still you’re doing well with them. 👏👏👏

Johnny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Even nicer now all the parts are coming together. 
Your windows look good too.

Thank you, Sir! 👏

23 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

If you are getting bits it needs more shaking. If you have something you can stir the pot with even better.

Well, I’ll extend the shaking time.

24 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I have found recently that using a glass pipette to extract some from the pot into a little dish works well. Try giving it a good mix once decanted too.

I think it’s because you’re taking the wash out of an upper layers, not the deepest ones.

26 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

It’s a pain, I don’t know why it goes grainy but it is possible to mix it out. Even still you’re doing well with them. 👏👏👏

I’m glad to read it, Johnny! I’ll try the Black one on an engines soon, will let you know. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

You are doing an amazing job with this little kit.  It is really coming together. 👍

Thank you, Chris! 🙂

6 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

some bottle are affected other not what ever the color. I never try decanting it could be THE soution.

Phil Flory said that his wash contains the natural (maybe a herbal) pigments, so I think it’s all about its grinding. The good news is that the clay amount isn’t excessive and the wash is very pleasurable to work with. I have the Vallejo water-based washes and it’s really difficult to remove them after the clay has dried.

Thank you for your interest and comments, stay safe! 🤠

• Like 1