Zvezda 1/72 Mi-24A Hind

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

This is progressing nicely and is an interesting comparison with the one @The Spadgent is building in tandem.

Thank you Roger, it would be more interesting when we’ll come closer to the painting. 😜

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Wait for me, I’ve got some catching up to do.

Welcome aboard, John! 👋 I’m glad that you’re joining us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello friends,

not so much progress this snowy week, but I have something interesting:

50800457986_0ca53a5c6d_k.jpg

☃️

@The Spadgent, when I gave her (the lady on the left) the broomstick, the similar part of your recently received kit (Italeri’s big Hercules) was popped in my head! 😹 If you’ll inspect the sprues, you’ll find it... 🧹

Actually, just before the New Year I finally got my new tool:

50800524632_cf5ce10707_k.jpg

Now I’m able to bend the PE parts as I wish! 😋

So I started from the pilot’s seat headrest:

50800525187_4d8607b2f2_k.jpg

And added some wiring to the rotor, as you may noticed. It was a stretched sprue - my weapon of choice for the wiring. Someone said, that the sprues from Zvezda kits are the best for the stretching, because of its flexibility.

The back cabin wall was finished along with the cockpit wiring:

50800410141_ab072f86fd_k.jpg

Just a few small bits to add and we’ll ready for paint this beauty:

50799668088_0e65578891_k.jpg

Have a nice modelling weekend! 😉

• Like 19

Great progress Nikolai (and Johnny) :worthy:  :thumbsup:

If they are any use to you, I have some walkround photos of the Mi-24A - taken at Samara State Aerospace University airfield .....

I managed to get the sliding door open and got inside....

spacer.png

spacer.png

More photos -( including interior shots and some taken at Monino) are here :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/m-24a.htm

Hope these help..

Ken

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Great progress Nikolai (and Johnny) :worthy:  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Ken! 🤝

If they are any use to you, I have some walkround photos of the Mi-24A - taken at Samara State Aerospace University airfield .....

It’s a very useful pictures here, thank you again! 👍

I managed to get the sliding door open and got inside....

You look very serious! 😎

More photos -( including interior shots and some taken at Monino) are here :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/m-24a.htm

Excellent! 👏 I visited the Monino some years ago and saw her. ☺️ And from the Central Armed Forces Museum is my beloved one - my father brought me there many times when I was a kid, great memories! 😺

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

If you’ll inspect the sprues, you’ll find it... 

I actually know what you mean. I saw it when I received the kit. And thought, is that a broom? Then of course it’s a broom🤣🤦‍♂️

wonderful snow folk you have there. 🤩

nice stretched sprue. I wasn’t going to add extra wires but after seeing what you’ve done I might be tempted.

excellent work. Glad you made good use of the bending tool. Paint soon. 👌👏

Jonst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

wonderful snow folk you have there. 🤩

Thank you Johnny, it was a big fun! 😹

I wasn’t going to add extra wires but after seeing what you’ve done I might be tempted.

Maybe these a bit thick, but I hope they’ll looks good after painting.

Paint soon. 👌👏

Yes, I can’t wait to put some paint on the plastic... 🤤

• Like 3

Looks like you are putting your new PE bending tool to good use. 🙂

The two of you are doing fantastic work on these kits.  It's great to see the progress.  I remember seeing the Mi-24A in the 1984 movie Red Dawn thinking that was the most amazing flying tank.

Happy modeling,

Chris

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

Looks like you are putting your new PE bending tool to good use. 🙂

Yes, it’s a great and very useful tool! ☺️

The two of you are doing fantastic work on these kits.  It's great to see the progress.

Thank you Chris, much appreciate it! 🤝

I remember seeing the Mi-24A in the 1984 movie Red Dawn thinking that was the most amazing flying tank.

Sadly, there were the Pumas (carefully «dressed», I must say) and they’re looked very authentic... 😬 There’s also a great actors, especially Jennifer Grey. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Sadly, there were the Pumas (carefully «dressed», I must say) and they’re looked very authentic... 😬 There’s also a great actors, especially Jennifer Grey. 🙂

They didn't have access to authentic Russian gear back then. They did a pretty good job though.  🙂

Have a great weekend,

Chris

• Like 1

Hello, Britmodellers! 👋

Hope you’re all safe and well. This week was very busy and interesting and I haven’t enough time for modelling, but anyway it’s time for the Saturday night update! 😜

I finished the cockpit wiring and all these small things are ready for painting:

50842309962_be54026126_k.jpg

There’s a small improvements in the cabin like the support struts for the seats along with the scratch-builded folding chair:

50842222601_b966f08a24_k.jpg

The pipelines inside an engine compartment were nearly finished:

50841499248_7f8f561346_k.jpg

This time I decided to «connect» the stretched sprue to existing, moulded-on ones:

50842309777_fcfc4a8b2b_k.jpg

Looks very organic, as for me... 😬

And the most interesting and difficult parts - the cabin walls - were updated with the small hinges and few other bits:

50842309427_cf66927f80_k.jpg

The detailing needs some more work, but this kit is still very interesting and exciting to build. Thanks for looking! 😺

• Like 16

Looking really good so far!    👍

I have the 1:72 Mi-35M kit from Zvezda in my stash, so I'll be following closely. It looks like it might share some parts with the Mi-24A kit.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, James G said:

Nice, neat work Nikolay. Like it!

Thank you, James! 🤝

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Looking really good so far!    👍

Thank you, Bill! ☺️

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I have the 1:72 Mi-35M kit from Zvezda in my stash, so I'll be following closely. It looks like it might share some parts with the Mi-24A kit.

Yes, these kits are quite similar except the Runner B with the different wings, rotor blades  and some additional armament parts. Also the cockpit assembly of Mi-35M shares the same parts as their V/VP kit.

6 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Looking great dear boy.

Thank you, Johnny! 🙂

I’ll get back to my one after “rivet gate.”

And we’re waiting for your next updates on both kits... 😋

The office looks grand. Love the little extra seat. 👌

Thanks again!

I’m glad that you’re like my work, friends! 🥳

• Like 4

Hello folks,

just a small update... 👍 Looks like I finished the cabin detailing!

Here’s the port side cabin wall with all the parts glued on:

50848353533_fe4589b088_k.jpg

And the starboard side wall with more complex assembly:

50849169837_5d67a4cc2b_k.jpg

As you can see, I decided to go with two windows in open position:

50848353628_4f5732b055_k.jpg

Something will be visible in the end, I hope... 😬

Unfortunately, some covers won’t fit under the metal folding sheets, so I can’t use them:

50849079081_dbba50370e_k.jpg

The windows framing pictured above will be glued after the painting. And on the left side of the picture you can see the how the fire extinguishing system will look.

Thanks for watching, have a nice week! 😺

• Like 14

On 1/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Also I fitted some PE parts inside (there’s a lot more to add)

Very impressive progress so far Nikolay. But I am really wondering why you spend so much effort to improve inside of this beauty with PE parts if you decided to close all the doors? 🤔

Edit: oh I see one side has opened position door... 😁

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, Nikolay Polyakov said:

This snowy time I want to start the build of the Soviet Attack Helicopter that I always wanted to have in my collection:  the «A» version of the world-famous Mi-24 Hind.

Thirty years ago I had bought an Airfix Hind A and since then she is waiting for her time (or destiny)...

Serkan

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:19 PM, Nikolay Polyakov said:

From my school days I remember this Puma in Rambo # (I don't remember which one was it) which was at the end hitting head to head with Russian Tank...

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Serkan Sen said:

Very impressive progress so far Nikolay.

Thank you, Serkan! 🤝

But I am really wondering why you spend so much effort to improve inside of this beauty with PE parts if you decided to close all the doors? 🤔

I have the same kit (two, to be honest) with much more aftermarket parts, so I decided to try some new (for me) techniques on this kit and see how it’ll looks in the end.

Edit: oh I see one side has opened position door... 😁

I couldn’t predict the small fit issues with this door and I’d wish I left it opened, too. 😬

Thirty years ago I had bought an Airfix Hind A and since then she is waiting for her time (or destiny)...

I saw this kit back in my childhood and still interested in what’s inside the box... 🤨

58 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

From my school days I remember this Puma in Rambo # (I don't remember which one was it) which was at the end hitting head to head with Russian Tank...

This interpretation was awful... 😼 The First Blood is one of my favourite movies, but its sequels aren’t so good, I’m my opinion. Definitely not good.

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very impressive work, can't believe those window frames, they must be tiny.

Thank you, Chris! 🙂 The window frames are so tiny, especially in comparison with the clear plastic parts... I think it’ll looks acceptable.

Thank you for your interest, my friends! 😎

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Excellent PE work, Nikolay. Extra fun in 1:72 scale! It will really add to the model.   :)

Thank you, Bill! ☺️ Yes, these parts are nice addition to the kit and I’m having fun working with it since I’ve bought the proper tools.

Some nice bending going on there. I need to catch up on this respect. Is your gear / engine section glued or is that just a dry fit?  Just thinking about paint.

Loving the twin build. I’ll be spending a bit more time on the little one over the next few days. 😍

Johnny 

• Like 1

Somehow I missed this until now.  As much as I love the Hind-D, I love the Hind-A almost as much and I almost never see builds of it.

The PE looks terrific!  There sure is a lot of it  That bender looks useful too -- I might have to look into one of those.

Nice job on the side door, and that cockpit looks really great so far too,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Some nice bending going on there.

Thank you, Johnny! 🙂

Is your gear / engine section glued or is that just a dry fit?  Just thinking about paint.

It’s a dry fit as well as the cockpit assembly. Just a few things to add...

Loving the twin build. I’ll be spending a bit more time on the little one over the next few days. 😍

It’s very good news, I’ll keep my eye on it. 😎

3 hours ago, opus999 said:

The PE looks terrific!  There sure is a lot of it  That bender looks useful too -- I might have to look into one of those.

Thank you! ☺️ It was a choice between the Chinese one (from the local retailers) and this, from America. It’s a great and useful tool.

3 hours ago, opus999 said:

Nice job on the side door, and that cockpit looks really great so far too,

Thanks! Also I have some pre-painted PE parts for the cockpit, but I don’t know how it’ll works. Let’s try and see! 😬

Thank you, guys! 🤝

• Like 2