Alfasud in 1/43, Heller 182

cmatthewbacon

One of Italy's coolest cars: if only it had been built well with quality materials, and got its hatchback earlier, the Golf GTI might not be as famous as it is...

alfa-body-in-green.jpg

alfa-chassis-in-green.jpg

The colour is Tamiya Mica Green, which isn't strictly correct, but looks close enough (you could have this colour on an Alfa GTV6 Coupe  but not the Alfasud).

alfa-kit-o-parts.jpg

Lots of nice detail to be picked out with paint.

alfa-interior.jpg

This one also seems to fit together pretty well... certainly more on a par with the Alpine A310 rather than the Citroen.

alfa-assembled.jpg

alfa-with-pot.jpg

And this one is pretty small as well...

Time to get on with the glazing and head for the finish line.

best,

M.

• Like 7

Lovely little build M!

I remember, back in the '70's / early '80's when I was a kid, one of our neighbours had one in red, IIRC it was the 3-door (was there one?). Always thought it was a cool car, it sounded pretty good too. 

Looking good so far and I like the colour. It would be nice to see some of these kits reissued but as some of the subject matter was obscure even then eg VW K70 I can't see it happening anytime soon. 

Very nice work there M! 

I always liked the little Alfasud and remember enviously seeing my GP's on his driveway when I delivered his newspaper every morning back in the late 70's.

I've got both the Alfa and the Jag in my stash but when I opened the Alfasud box, all that was left in there was a pile of brown coloured dust (apologies to all Alfa Romeo fans).

spacer.png

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congratulations M

Delighted to see your Alfa finished.

Like lots of us on here, memories of a mates dad who had a hot version which I think was called a ti ?

As he was Italian he had imported lots of "go faster" goodies which he had fitted to it.

The car was always kept in a garage and polished to within a inch of its life, red colour naturally and went like a rocket !

Thanks for bringing back some great memories. 

Cheers Pat