Apollo9 Lunar Module & Command & Service Module "Spider & Gumdrop"

This is my first, and to date, only model i have completed after a 10 year plus layoff. It took three years, a little longer than anticipated, but thoroughly enjoyed the build, as well as the research that went along with it. 

The Lunar module is a 3D printed model from Vincent Meens, the Command & Service Module is a Revell kit. The LM is largely out of the box, with the exception of a scratchbuilt interior. The CSM was built with the addition of a New ware detail set, a few 3D printed items that i designed and had printed, some photo etch items i designed and had manufactured, also a couple of 3d printed goodies from other designers well. Somewhere along the line i decided to include lights, so the combo has a full set of functioning lights that are controlled from an Apollo style switch panel.

Apollo 9 IMG_7366 IMG_7327 r3 rg4

IMG_7559 IMG_7331 IMG_7315 IMG_7502 (2) DSC00243 IMG_7436 IMG_7434 IMG_7454 IMG_7465

IMG_7463 IMG_7476 IMG_7484 IMG_7486 IMG_7558 (2) IMG_7495 (2) DSC00181 DSC00230 IMG_7443 IMG_7380

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Is that for a museum and what scale is it?

Hi Eric, I forgot to mention the scale, it is 1-32nd. Not for a museum, might see if our local library would be interested in having it 

• Like 1

Wow, I had to double check a couple of photos that looked very like some of mine from visits to NASM!  That is superb, especially the LM foiling.

Well done again.

Tim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Wow that looks incredible! I assume you used a lot of aluminium tape and foil in the build, the surface finish looks spectacular!

Cheers,

There was quite a mixed bag of stuff used. Mylar Balloon, Mylar survival blanket, Aluminium food containers, Greaseproof baking paper, Metalised food pouches (The type that Indian takeaways put the Naan breads in), Sticky backed Aluminium tape, Confectioners foils, Coloured cellophane, Kapton adhesive tape, and there was also a piece cut from the wrapper of one of the wife's face masks..........

Love your Eagle looks fantastic

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, TimT64 said:

This is my first, and to date, only model i have completed after a 10 year plus layoff.

:gobsmacked:

On 12/29/2020 at 12:33 AM, TimT64 said:

Not for a museum, might see if our local library would be interested in having it 

If they're not interested, Some Body needs to have a little heart-to-heart with them... :fight:

In all seriousness, that it truly fabulous work. Bravo!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, morris said:

This is beautiful ! Apologies if I’m late to the thread but awesome display….

Thanks for your kind words

• 4 weeks later...