Tiger Meet / Tiger Camo / Britmodeller Zoo - 22 so far

Dansk

we’ve merged two gb ideas here:

so The idea here would be to build a vehicle with a medium to large piece of animal inspired art on it. It has to be more than just a small squadron badge or an animal in a national insignia, think the B24; The Dragon and it's tail, or Me 110s with the big wasp painted on the nose, Stuka's with the large snake down the side or airliners painted up as sharks/whales etc Tiger Camo / Tiger meet schemes etc etc

Me host

@Brad host
@Thom216
@stevehnz
@TimJ
@vppelt68

@desert falcon

@Marlin

@zebra

@trickyrich

@FortyEighter
@CliffB

@Jabba
@Marklo

@airfixpeter
@exdraken
@Beazer
@Robert Stuart
@Hockeyboy76
@nimrod54

@Anatol Pigwa

@Bbdave

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would this cover Aggressors in tiger stripe camouflage, If yes then put me in ? Ive seen a few A-4 scooters in Tiger-stripe patterns over the years. 

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/a4ebrowntiger48dwa_1.htm

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

23 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Would this cover Aggressors in tiger stripe camouflage, If yes then put me in ? Ive seen a few A-4 scooters in Tiger-stripe patterns over the years. 

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/a4ebrowntiger48dwa_1.htm

I guess we could do that Dennis, it’s in the spirit of the build idea.

As far as I’m aware this f/a-18 below wasn’t in a tiger meet but wore it’s special camouflage as it belonged to the ‘flying bengals’ unit.

so that kind of thing shouldnt be eliminated either. (Kinetic does a kit of this incidentally) 

I will ammend the first post to reflect this.

spacer.png

Edited by Dansk
  • Thanks 1

• Dansk changed the title to Tiger Meet / Tiger Camo GB

Oh Paul you really do know how to tempt me! :D

This idea has been proposed a few time since it first was I think way back in 2012.....when it didn't receive enough votes unfortunately. Since then I don't think it's ever made it to the voting stage.

And that's a huge shame!!!!!!  It's an awesome idea and there are just some amazing colour schemes out there. Strangely I've only built 3 before the current Tornado, but have a few in the stash.

Is it's about time this one finally got through so count me in!  :thumbsup:

Now we just need to go and round up some of the usual suspects to sign up.......or send around some "heavies" to help them sign up! :fight:

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 11:26 PM, trickyrich said:

Oh Paul you really do know how to tempt me! :D

This idea has been proposed a few time since it first was I think way back in 2012.....when it didn't receive enough votes unfortunately. Since then I don't think it's ever made it to the voting stage.

And that's a huge shame!!!!!!  It's an awesome idea and there are just some amazing colour schemes out there. Strangely I've only built 3 before the current Tornado, but have a few in the stash.

Is it's about time this one finally got through so count me in!  :thumbsup:

Now we just need to go and round up some of the usual suspects to sign up.......or send around some "heavies" to help them sign up! :fight:

Cool Rich, I didn’t know it had been proposed before but I guess it’s a natural GB theme.

If @Enzo Matrix matrix signs up does that count for three entrants to the list as that’s probably how many he’d build?

Q: Why do tigers eat raw meat? A: Because they don't know how to cook. 

18 hours ago, zebra said:

Definitely time this one got some love. Count me in. I've got decals for a Canadian tiger-striped Hornet that are calling to me - the challenge will be waiting until this GB to use them!

I think this is gonna be a challenge build-wise too 😊

here’s another canadian candidate...

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Marlin said:

The "Tiger" schemes have been growing for me, so why not. 

Please sign me up, I'll do a Tornado or Eufi, or both. :D

/Bosse

You’re name’s on the list Bosse 👍 

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wasn't particularly interested, as I've nothing in my stash that includes a stripey scheme. 

However, now I look at Tiger Meet schemes through the years, there are plenty (particularly earlier ones), which should be relatively easy to paint on.  That's the theory anyway.

So please sign me up too Paul.

Thanks

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The idea here would be to build a vehicle with a medium to large piece of animal inspired art on it. It has to be more than just a small squadron badge or an animal in a national insignia, think the B24; The Dragon and it's tail, or Me 110s with the big wasp painted on the nose, Stuka's with the large snake down the side or airliners painted up as sharks/whales etc. 

If you're interested or have any questions post away.

1 - BradG
2 - zebra
3 - Rabbit Leader
4 - Thom216
5 - Stevehnz
6 - trickyrich
7 - TimJ
8 - vppelt68

Edited by Brad

Sign me up.

Interesting idea - loads of interesting subjects to choose from. I'm sure I can find some good options in the decal stash. Then there are the ones I haven't got in the stash (yet). There are some brilliant options for airliner builders, like the ANA A380s and the Frontier fleet with the animals on the tails.

Then there's this Yak-52:

Yak-52TW

I'd love to have a go at this one, but the colour scheme would be pretty hard to pull off! Not to mention the tailwheel conversion.

• Like 1

I suppose you’ll get quite a few ‘Tiger Meet’ aircraft suggestions here Brad.. are they within the scope of this GB? 
Cheers.. Dave (who’s flown in a few pigs in his lifetime!) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I suppose you’ll get quite a few ‘Tiger Meet’ aircraft suggestions here Brad.. are they within the scope of this GB? 
Cheers.. Dave (who’s flown in a few pigs in his lifetime!) 

Yep Tiger Meet are in.

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Does it have to be something with the animal on it?

Or can the animal be the subject of the build - perhaps a figure?

Well yeh sure, if you want to build an actual animal, I had not considered this but it does make sense and gives something for the figure guys. 

40 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Some recent ones that I think fit (?)

This Vulcan has Kiwis and Bats!

Me209 with a big snake I finished yesterday

The Vulcan, no, needs to be bigger, but the 209 yes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Don't forget the Ventura with the octopus on it! 1/72 in Minicraft, 1/48 in Revell.

Not at all. There's surprising amount of kits available for this. Can I count you in?

There's also the Mig 21 with the swordfish down the side, several boxings of Draken's with Sharks, Bisons and Dragons on them, Stuka's and Fw 190's with snakes etc.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Not at all. There's surprising amount of kits available for this. Can I count you in?

There's also the Mig 21 with the swordfish down the side, several boxings of Draken's with Sharks, Bisons and Dragons on them, Stuka's and Fw 190's with snakes etc.

Yes. I have Dragon and His Tail in the stash, so I could do that one.

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1