Airfix 1/72 Wellington GR MK.III

Afternoon all,

My latest build, and probably last for 2020, is the Airfix 1/72 Vickers Wellington GR MKIII boxing in Coastal Command colours. Representing an airframe based at RAF Chivenor... Airfix' own instructions state there is some ambiguity in the actual scheme carried, so whilst I'm sure the aerials and deice boots on the front of the wings should be a different colour, I am leaving them as is.

Built entirely out of the box, using Tamiya acrylics - I am not and never am happy with how the white has laid down and no combination of thinner, ratio, air pressures etc seem to change this for me.

Displayed quite nicely on Noy Minatures WWII hangar base, which is a little too small for a bomber and the Airfix RAF resupply set.

I learnt alot from this build, trying out different weathering techniques and home made washes/oils. Now to decide on my next build!

Merry Christmas and happy modelling.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 53
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

That white looks just right to me - slightly muted, some tints here are there - just as it should be. Beautifully made and presented - the only improvement I can think of would be PE aerials - maybe a retrofit one day?

Thanks definitely an option, I'll look into what's available.

Many thanks for all the kind comments, much appreciated.