!!! DEFUNCT !!! Raiders of the Lost Stash - 2nd try is up on the GB chat area

Adam Poultney

So I just had an idea for another group build to do in 2022, hopefully a fun one that we will all have something to build for.

That kit that you've had for ages, it's just sat in your stash and you've not built it; you might keep meaning to get around to it, but something else takes your attention, well this is an opportunity to finally build it. For me it's a 1:48 Bf109F, 1:72 Harrier GR1 and a few others that I've had for a while. Surely I can't be the only one with models like that.

Eligible kits are any of the kits that have been sitting in your stash the longest, or long enough that you'd consider it a long time. 

Members (34):

Me @Adam Poultney

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@LorenSharp

@Chimpion

@janneman36

@rafalbert

@Black Knight

@franky boy

@At Sea

@CliffB

@Cuppa_joe

@Arniec

@Redstaff

@klr

@AdrianMF

@Marklo

@JOCKNEY

@stevehnz

@John Masters

@alt-92

@theplasticsurgeon

@Rafwaffe

@badger

@NorwegianWood

@Davek72

@stevehed

@Bonhoff

@TimJ

@Potato Pete

@Ray S

@DaveJL

@Toryu

@Hockeyboy76

@helios16v

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

Just now, LorenSharp said:

Raiders of the Lost Stash

Which for me would be on the shelf, under the guest bed and 2/3 of my rented storage. Which at times reminds me of that final scene of Raiders of the Lost you know what. Hence my idea for a title.

• Like 3

Raiders of the lost stash it is! I like that name

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm I don't have much of a stash... I tend to buy as I build, but I do have one kit thats been sitting for 2+ years waiting as I didn't have a good color match needed to build it. Count me as number two, I’m in with an IBG 1/72 PZL.23. 

I only started a stash around 2.5 years ago so that's plenty of time sitting around if you don't do much stashing.

41 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Which for me would be on the shelf, under the guest bed and 2/3 of my rented storage. Which at times reminds me of that final scene of Raiders of the Lost you know what. Hence my idea for a title.

can I assume you are in then?

1 minute ago, Chimpion said:

I have one I bought 40 years ago - woild that qualify?

might just about qualify

• Adam Poultney changed the title to Raiders of the Lost Stash
On 12/29/2020 at 7:54 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Now thats a good one ! Now we just need someone to clone the photo clip of Indiana Jones swapping out the golden head on the altar for a plastic kit. 

Hold my beer.

(edit - I don't know how I didn't see that this was already done up above - scrolling so fast the pics didn't load I guess  - I am a fast reader. Anyway, I'll leave mine up too...)

Indy.jpg

Edited by bianfuxia
  • Haha 5

Me too please Adam.  I bought my oldest unmade kit in 1978 (Heller He.112).  Part of me wants to leave it untouched though, so I might choose something just slightly newer...

Cheers

• Like 1

I am interested in this GB. I have got a few in the stash that would fit the bill. I believe I have got a few Me-410's from Revell in my stash.

Cheers,

• Like 1