!!! DEFUNCT !!! Raiders of the Lost Stash - 2nd try is up on the GB chat area

Adam Poultney

Way back in my late yoof, (1982) I was able to get a selection of models which would qualify as I still have them to build, Airfix HP 0/400, Airfix DH4, Hannover CLIIIA, and Albatros DV. All are original boxing/header baggings, and deserve to be built at last.

Ā 

Basically, please count me in too!

Ā 

All the best,

Ā 

Ray

• Like 1

• Adam Poultney changed the title to Raiders of the Lost Stash - 31 members
55 minutes ago, Ray S said:

Way back in my late yoof, (1982) I was able to get a selection of models which would qualify as I still have them to build, Airfix HP 0/400, Airfix DH4, Hannover CLIIIA, and Albatros DV. All are original boxing/header baggings, and deserve to be built at last.

Ā 

Basically, please count me in too!

Ā 

All the best,

Ā 

Ray

that would just about qualify

21 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Count me in for this one. I've had a 1/72 Trumpeter Tu-22 sitting in the cupboard for about 8Ā years; about time it was built!

Ā 

17 hours ago, Potato Pete said:

Count me in. My Monogram F-105G springs to mind (but there are several other candidatesĀ šŸ˜€)

added šŸ‘

Ā 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what my oldest one is.....Ā :hmmm:

Ā 

Just went digging back through my emails (benefits of having re-entered the hobby 8 years ago).Ā  It appears the longest residentĀ in the stash is a 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A that I purchased in late 2013.Ā  I think the parts are washed and primed if memory serves me correctly.Ā  Modelling got sidelined again for a bit after that...then I found some forums and was introduced to GBs...and life has never been the same since.Ā Ā :rofl2:

• Adam Poultney changed the title to Raiders of the Lost Stash - in the bunfight

Sign me up! I have a few kits that come to mind, but I think I will go with the Airfix 1/72 Trimotor or the Dekno 1/72 Y1C-19 Alpha.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Iā€™m interested! Not sure which model yet - Iā€™ll have to look at the very back of the cupboard and see what is there!

Well I'm sure you'll find something interesting :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there are models that my dad brought me and as it's 20 years since he died, they must be long overdue some daylight/ bench time- count me in please!

Ā and I'll try and do him proud.

• Like 4

Okay I'll bite - there are a few thing in my stash I've been meaning to get round to building but never seem to do because some new shiny comes along that distracts first :)

• Like 1

Hi Adam,

Ā 

Can you add me to this one as well, please? I've got a few kits left in my Mum's loft that have been there 25+ years. I can't think what there is left, although there are a couple of Flashback 1/48 Aviatik D.Is.

Ā 

Cheers,

Mark

Ā 

• 2 months later...

Saw this ages ago, promptly forgot about it, and then stumbled across it again this morning and realised that it's 2022 - so I still have time to rummage through the boxes in the loft for one of the old vac-form kits I put off and put off and put off... (and no excuses for not now having a go...). Please count me in.

Ā 

Thanks, Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm... The one that started it all, the first model that I bought and didn't actually make straight away; so that was the original 'stash'. A Monogram 1/12 Chevrolet Corvette. I built the engine, filled the seams with fine pollyfilla (!) and then realised I lacked the skills to build it. It all went back in its box and I have been carrying it around through numerous home moves (at least 16) since 1985! If this GB gets through I may (may) try and get it built.

• Like 3

Because this one needs a bump.

With the way my year is closing out, I'm not likely going to get to my F-14 for the STGB...which means it's my shoe in for oldest kit in the stash since my re-entry into the hobby 7-8 years ago.

• Like 2

I have a cunning plan for this! Please make it happen!

Ā 

The kit in question is not only one that has been sat in my stash for over a year but also older than me!

Ā 

Or I might just build an Airfix Jaguar which I have had since visiting RAF Coltishall as a cadet in 2004. šŸ¤”

• Like 1

We didn't get through this year, but keep hold of your old kits, don't build them all just yet because we will be back for another go, hopefully next year if possible. I might look at what adjustments can be made to the rules to increase the appeal a bit

• Like 2

• Adam Poultney changed the title to !!! DEFUNCT !!! Raiders of the Lost Stash - 2nd try is up on the GB chat area