Peewit or P-Mask specifically for Airfix Dakota

chrisrope

Hi

Seeing as these are available a little cheaper than the better known alternative, has anyone had experience of them?

I’m looking specifically at a set for the Airfix 1/72 C-47 Dakota/C-47 but any advice on their general use appreciated :) 

Cheers

Chris

If Eduard is an option, my advice is go with them. It might be a little more expensive, but my experiences with Peewit are that they aren't quite as accurately cut and they tend to lift at the edges, no matter how hard you smoosh them down. In all cases I wish I'd paid the extra.

• Thanks 1

I've also found that the masks by Peewit and P-Mask are decidedly inferior to those from Eduard which are made from tape and therefore have better adhesion and are far more flexible.

The one issue we have is that as Eduard/Special Hobby do not see eye to eye with AZ/KP they never seem to produce masks for any of their kits but happily produce masks to suit Airfix, Revell, Hasegawa etc... according to demand and how recently the kit was issued. Just a pity they don't do a mask set for the previous Airfix Lancaster model which I have as a long term build, but as it is no longer current I can understand.

Regards

Colin.