Stew Dapple's 2020

Stew Dapple

I think we can all agree it has been a strange and dislocating year; on a modelling level it was not an inspired one for me - I didn't complete a kit until September, but thanks to the BoB 80th Anniversary Group Build I did get a (small) raft of completions which made up 5 of my annual total of 6.

Here's the first, Eduard's 1/32 Bf109e, the kit is the Profipack with Kagero decals very kindly provided by the late and much-missed @Silver Fox - Andy, who did see it finished.

Unteroffizier Fritz Mias' BF109E-3 of 5/JG3

DSCN1400.jpg

DSCN1403.jpg

Build thread is here:

Gallery pics are here

As the group build lasted from the 10th July to the 31st October, I pressed on with three Hurricanes from the Arma Hobby 1/72 Battle of Britain edition set. Decals were by Aeromaster, Arma Hobby (printed by Techmod) and Kagero respectively:

Belgian Pilot Officer Victor Ortmans' RE-D 'Bebe' from 229 Squadron

DSCN1534a.jpg

DSCN1536a.jpg

Gallery pics here

Flight Lieutenant Ian Gleed's LK-A 'Figaro' from 87 Squadron

DSCN1546a.jpg

DSCN1549a.jpg

Gallery pics here

Flight Lieutenant Michael Crossley's GZ-B from 32 Squadron

DSCN1558a.jpg

DSCN1561a.jpg

Gallery pics here

Build thread for all three here:

Surprisingly I still had a couple of weeks' left of the group build after finishing these, so I rounded it off with an Eduard Bf110 in 1/72:

Bf110C-3 3/ZG26 U8+EL

DSCN1687a.jpg

DSCN1690a.jpg

Gallery pics here

Build thread is here:

... and my final completion of 2020 was the Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b:

Yak-1b White 2 of 148 IAP, flown by Ltn. Mikhail Shkomplektov

DSCN1703a.jpg

DSCN1704a.jpg

RFI post here

So that was my year in models, not my best in quantity or quality but frankly by September I was despairing of finishing anything at all this year, so after that six doesn't seem such a bad result.

Here's hoping that 2021 will be better for all of us in all ways :cheers: 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 28

Those look good Stew, the mottles on the Luftwaffe subjects are really nicely done, the Hurricanes are pure quality & the Yak 1 (I was going to make a smart tailed comment about tractor green & black but decided against it. ;) :D) looks very distinctive. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

the Yak 1 (I was going to make a smart tailed comment about tractor green & black but decided against it. ;) :D)

Thanks Steve :) You would actually have been well within your rights to mention the green; I used the wrong one, which was annoying as I actually do have the right colour in my paint stash :D 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1