BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1 ZA177, 1/72 Italeri, Falklands War '82

One of the two Sea Harrier models I managed to finish this week - 1/72 Italeri (ex-ESCI) BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1 ZA177 "77" of 800. Naval Air Squadron, HMS Hermes Air Group, Falkland Islands, June 1982.

Old ESCI kit is simple and needs some work, but it's quite accurate. I`ve used Eduard PE set (poor), Pavla resin air intakes (awful) and exhaust nozzles (awful), Pavla resin gunpods (even more awful and innaccurate), Pavla resin MB.10H ejection seat (poor), Airfix AIM-9Ls (good after some work), Master Pitot tube (nice) and DP Casper/Xtradecal/Airfix decals. Painted with Gunze Mr.Color (335 Medium Sea Grey and 334 Barley Grey, brightened).

A couple of photos taken in daylight:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And now a few photos taken under artificial light:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!:coolio:

Edited by alex_stela
Update
  • Like 46

I always liked the old ESCI kits. They still build into nice models. You went an extra mile by adding so many features and the result of your efforts is rewarding since you created a very authentic Sea Harrier. 👏

• Thanks 1

I'm half way thru' reading "Harrier 809" - my christmas book, so your build strikes a cord. Relly great build - I assume then that you'd recommend the  Italeri kit? The shape looks right even before your amazing detail

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...