A Pair of Kittens-Port Victoria PV7 & PV8

Marklo

resized_0af53212-dcf4-48a0-99f5-70d8acd0

Painted the rudders and cowls, Pc10 went on well so I started decalling. Found most of the roundels I need in the decal box, just need white outlines for one set so cut some discs from white decal film.

resized_5007f434-4163-497e-85f2-ecc01a3b

Struts on the grain kitten.

resized_68ca0df9-f2fd-4655-ab60-082b1baf

Rigging and wheels on the Eastchurch kitten.

Finish the rigging then paintwork and decals, engine cylinders and props and were just about there.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

Seeing the Lego jig gave me a good idea of how tiny these were (can you tell I have a pre-teen daughter?) and that goes to show how fine and delicate your work is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

that goes to show how fine and delicate your work is.

Thank you. 

Returning to modelling was my excuse for getting the Lego, ( I have a twenty two year daughter) and now that I think of it I could have just gone up into the attic and snagged some.

• Haha 1

resized_0d896311-68af-4659-ace8-fdb2199eThat’s the rigging pretty much done in the Eastchurch kitten. Decals, tail wires, brackets on the strut ends, cylinders, prop and the Lewis and it’s done.

I think I’ll finish this one off then come back to the Grain Kitten, although it’s only a step or two behind.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

resized_96005b5a-99c4-410b-8a6c-7461e32aDecals on and paintwork touched up( looks a bit blotchy because it’s still wet). The rudders will need a little touching up. Then just cylinders and props left.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

looking good.  I have always liked these Port Victoria PV7 and PV8 and have been tempting me for simple scratch build.

Your build of these and this thread was what prompted me to get off my big butt and start my Ponnier D.III build.

cheers, Graham 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This much more modern design never intended for aerial warfare always reminded me of the PV7 and PV8.

http://www.flitzerbiplane.com/Variants.shtml?

I have been thumbing through my references again - hmmmm,  lots of interesting colouring schemes.

cheers, Graham