Woody37's output - furlough boost!

woody37

Last year I only managed to complete two builds and I prayed for something to happen this year that would get my output up....Gods response was a bit steep to be honest, but fair do's, I think he was sponsored by Airfix!

I can't remember what order things came off the line in, so here they are in approximate order...

Airfix 1/48 Hurricane - lovely kit and hope to do more in 2021

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Vb - unnecessarily difficult build but looks the part when done

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And an arty shot!

spacer.png

Hasegawa 1/48 Spit Vb - simple and enjoyable build but not as much detail as the Airfix kit

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next, the FM 1/48 Halifax, a challenging build that took months but was pleased with the result. it's built as PN365 operating with 346 Squadron from Elvington

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A great stress reliever after the Halifax, the Airfix 1/48 Tomahawk II, another lovely kit

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another Aifix kit built for the Lancaster Group build earlier in the year was the 1/72 latest tooling built as R5570 of 207Sqn

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next is last years Christmas present, the HK 1/48 B-17G. A lovely build and I'll be getting an F model when it's released too. This is 231844  'The Swoose II' operating with the 9th Air Force from the muddy airfields in Italy

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The last off the line is another Airfix gem, the 1/48 Defiant built out of the box but missing the kill decals from below the cockpit because I misplaced them! I haven't got round to posting this in the RFI section but had it built within a week in November to overcome modellers block.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wishing you all a safe and productive 2021,

All the best

Neil

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Another excellent year from you mate,..... love the subjects, schemes and the outstanding quality,...... the Halifax stands out for me as I love the aircraft and I also know what you put into it,..... but it looks brilliant. The Fort is amazing and it is nice to see an early Lanc too,...... have you EVER made a duffer? 

Hope you had a great Crimbo mate and wish you all the best for 2021,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Another excellent year from you mate,..... love the subjects, schemes and the outstanding quality,...... the Halifax stands out for me as I love the aircraft and I also know what you put into it,..... but it looks brilliant. The Fort is amazing and it is nice to see an early Lanc too,...... have you EVER made a duffer? 

Hope you had a great Crimbo mate and wish you all the best for 2021,

Cheers

Tony 

Ha ha mate, thanks.

I've started a 1/48 Ju-188 but put it back in the box for now, been struggling with warped wings and they are long n think so really show it. So far it's in the 'duffer' class!

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

You, Sir, have some serious modelling talent!

Tom

Thanks Tom, I keep trying new things, some times they work, some times they don't!

• Like 1

Fantastic collection, though the Halifax to me is the star attraction having owned two FM kits and after opening the boxes quickly closed them again and eventually sold them.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

What a fantastic collection! All of them absolute beauties. The Halifax has to be a winner just because we can all appreciate what a challenge it must have been. But it's in very good company, and the Airfix Spitfire Vb stands out to me just because of its colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing what you do in 2021.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, mick b said:

Truly superb collection, was the ‘block’ a result of the FM Hampden? Love the Halibag, B17 and Defiant!

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Yes the Hampden was part of it. I've started a few late this year and put them back in the box again for various reasons but got a 1/48 Lanc on the bench at the moment and I'm wrestling adding the Belcher engines to it.

19 hours ago, IanC said:

All great but that Halifax is especially terrific. And the Fort.

Where do you put something that big??

Thanks Ian,

I invested in some clear perspex shelving, a display cabinet and the Halifax got it's own display case so all are now in the modelling room visible. For years, they were all boxed up in the garage. It's cost me a small fortune but well worth it. 

• Like 1