Loyd Carrier

nheather

Hi,

Anyone got or seen photos or diagrams that show the seats in a Loyd Carrier (the one used as a 6 pdr tow), the instructions for the Bronco kit would also do.

I’m building some 15mm scale (approx 1:100) wargaming models, which have four crew figures but I don’t want to use them so will need to put some plastic card in to represent the seat backs.

I don’t really care too much about authenticity and if I can’t find anything I’ll just use some rectangles of plastic card as I imagine best.  But even so it would be nice to see some pictures showing what they were actually like.

Cheers,

Nigel

Never mind, answered my own question.

Typical, I googled loads, not finding anything before posting here.  Then after I had posted I tried a different google approach and bingo.

If anyone else is interested

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Loyd-Carrier-Mk.I-II-Tracked.-Towing-6-pdr-Anti-Tank-Gun-Tractor.html#gallery_start

Cheers,

Nigel

19 hours ago, Niall said:

I've done a CAD design for the PSC 1/72nd scale Lloyd Carrier, they are on my Shapeways shop. I could scale these down to 1/100th scale if you like.

It’s the PSC models I am making but in 15mm rather than 20mm (1:72).

What is shapeways. - I mean I can google it and find 3D Printing Services home page but unsure where to go from there.

Cheers,

Nigel

23 hours ago, Niall said:

Sorry I should have given a link -

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6MWRBWFTP/lloydcarrierseats?optionId=58792255&li=shops

When I did this design I did not realise the company charges a minimum price and in 15mm scale it would within this for 3 seats. So I'd make the 15mm design enough seats for 3 vehicles.

They look very nice, but there are so many approximations in 15mm wargaming models I’ll just stick some plasticard on the back of the seat bases that are already present - good enough for my needs.

Cheers,

Nigel