1/35 Takom Mk11 Chieftain and FV432

Nick C

On 6/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Blimey Nick, I could almost taste the herforder pils looking at that pic.  

Cheers Bill

On 6/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, Lummox said:

Fantastic work, and a nice piece of orthopaedic surgery to boot! :wink:

Thank you, not sure he'll walk again tho......

On 6/2/2021 at 7:13 PM, ivan-o said:

Very very good👌
lovely interior in the ‘ bicky box’ and you have better eyes than me for all that etch on the Chieftain.

Hi Ivan - cheers, there was the usual question on the Chieftain of 'etch for etches sake', but most of it adds something I think

On 6/2/2021 at 9:29 PM, Hamden said:

Stunning interior work

Stay safe             Roger

Cheers Roger, you too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, Escaflowne said:

Hi,

Great work with many details on this Chieftain 👍

On 6/6/2021 at 3:35 PM, Terry1954 said:

Awesome interior work Nick. Will stick around for these two and watch them come together.

Terry

On 6/5/2021 at 6:34 PM, viper-30 said:

Have to say really like this build... very good 

On 6/4/2021 at 9:39 PM, vytautas said:

Nice going Nick, Lovely detail, looks really good!

Vytautas

On 6/4/2021 at 2:57 PM, redcap said:

Glad I found this - your work is superb and great progress mate.

Gary

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick - impressive work, well done!  I'm watching this as I have both kits on my stash.  Bearing in mind these models aren't cheap (for me at least), do you think that the PE is worth the additional cost?

Keep it up - really looking forward to the next installment!

AJ

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, Alpha Juliet said:

Hi Nick - impressive work, well done!  I'm watching this as I have both kits on my stash.  Bearing in mind these models aren't cheap (for me at least), do you think that the PE is worth the additional cost?

Keep it up - really looking forward to the next installment!

AJ

Cheers AJ, I'd say yes to the PE on the chieftain, less so on the 432 so far.

Having said that I really enjoy using PE tho, and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. The detail on both kits is pretty good out of the box.

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Little bit of progress on the 432;

The sides, rear and glacis plate are fitted;

51319552879_865141d7b8_b.jpg

Added a few more bits of wiring to the side wall next to the driver although it's hard to see;

51318829921_9c904e9ac3_b.jpg

Can't close up the roof until the drivers been painted and fitted. I'm going to do all the figures for both vehicles;

Driver's had the rest of his knee surgery and the commander's had his legs fitted from the Miniart kit;

51318831316_492d0bbf3d_b.jpg

51319554439_3b2dc82cfb_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Nick

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

I know I'm late to the party on this but I've only just joined so be easy on me! 😊

You asked about the high position of the commander in these in an earlier post: Yes they are standing on the seat, standing on the floor would put them a bit above shoulder height and seated would just show the head and is how a good commander should be in battle (that's how I rolled😁).

Also the crew bench seats appear to be black in your 432, they were dark green, just like your Clansman radio casings.

Edited by Swiftnbold
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, Swiftnbold said:

Hi Nick,

I know I'm late to the party on this but I've only just joined so be easy on me! 😊

You asked about the high position of the commander in these in an earlier post: Yes they are standing on the seat, standing on the floor would put them a bit above shoulder height and seated would just show the head and is how a good commander should be in battle (that's how I rolled😁).

Also the crew bench seats appear to be black in your 432, they were dark green, just like your Clansman radio casings.

Hi mate, welcome aboard!!

Thanks for the post and the advice, much appreciated. I've got the commander as a standing figure now with arms positioned, someone else commented on another thread that the seats were removed completely sometimes as they got in the way. 

51318092787_0d986915fa_b.jpg

The bench seats are indeed black; I've seen photo's with green but thought there were also some with black. Too late to change now as they're firmly fixed and I don't want to risk masking and spraying in there.

Cheers

Nick

• Like 8

No problem.

Fantastic detail and weathering on that interior, I could almost smell the OMD-75 when I saw them! 😊

Oh and if your interested, the battery box next to the driver had brackets for an SMG.

I never saw an infantry one with the commanders seat removed.

Edited by Swiftnbold
Additional text
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Swiftnbold said:

No problem.

Fantastic detail and weathering on that interior, I could almost smell the OMD-45 when I saw them! 😊

Oh and if your interested, the battery box next to the driver had brackets for an SMG.

I never saw an infantry one with the commanders seat removed.

Thanks and I've just got some resin SMG's in a stowage set, I wondered if it'd be OTT to have one near the driver, I'll see if I can work out what they are on any of the pics I've got. 

Bit of progress on the figures;

First time using Vallejo to brush paint figures, tank crew below with an attempt at some shadow and highights bit rough and ready;

51380156318_e4b60751ce_k.jpg 

And the DPM on the 432 crew;

Base green

51380933220_1f0daf55e7_h.jpg

Mix of sand yellow and buff

51380156473_f001380a9e_h.jpg

Mahogany brown (drivers fingers have fallen off!!)

51380661319_b714c93883_h.jpg

And the black

51380980315_57a14d0243_h.jpg

Heads and hands next then the driver can be installed and I can close up the 432.

Cheers

Nick

• Like 12

Heads for the crew today. As with the uniforms, trying Vallejo acrylics for the faces (used oils in the past on the few AFVs I've done) and a wet pallet;

Blocked in base colour;

51413489783_10f0a1a1b4_k.jpg

First flesh tone;

51413224941_477d55fae7_k.jpg

Highlights;

51413489748_31d6b81756_k.jpg

More highlights and eyes and lips;

51413977824_0696980ade_k.jpg

Chin straps and goggle straps;

51414207415_63c2d1ec9f_k.jpg

Boom mikes to add and then they can go on the bodies.

I need to practice with blending the shades but overall I'm quite pleased with them.

CHeers

Nick

• Like 11