Tony`s 2020,...... quite a productive year!!

tonyot

5 minutes ago, zebra said:

Crikey Tony, you've been busy, took ages scrolling through that lot! Absolutely brilliant collection, impossible to pick a favourite although the Walrus would have to be a contender. Roll on 2021.

Thanks mate,..... yeah I surprised myself to be fair!! The Walrus kit is a stunner from Airfix,.... so much detail and so many options.  

That’s a fantastic output Tony & quite an inspiration too. Lots of subjects I have planned, mainly the obscure FAA and CC stuff, but you’ve tempted us with a generous helping from across the board!

All the best for 2021 mate!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Edge said:

That’s a fantastic output Tony & quite an inspiration too. Lots of subjects I have planned, mainly the obscure FAA and CC stuff, but you’ve tempted us with a generous helping from across the board!

All the best for 2021 mate!

Thanks Edge and you too mate. 

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Another year and another awesome collection of models Tony. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix much appreciated mate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

What a wonderful line up Tony That Valletta is beautiful glad to see the flood hasn't stopped you producing brilliant models kudos

regards

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,...... yeah I`m quite proud of the Valletta and love having one in my collection at last. Aye the flood was a bind,.... but hey! 

Cheers mate

Tony

6 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Another busy year Tony! Great work,

Thanks mate,..... yeah busier than I realised until I put the pics up! No wonder I`ve run out of room! 

Cheers

Tony

2 hours ago, JWM said:

That is a massive set of museum quality masterpieces...

Congrats!

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thanks J-W,...... I wouldn`t say museum quality though mate,..... far from it. 

Cheers mate

Tony  

1 hour ago, Dermo245 said:

Wow Tony, exceptional stuff :worthy:

Thanks Dermo,..... very kind of you bud,

Cheers

Tony

A great collection for 2020 Tony. Curtiss Aeroplane & Motor Co will be particularly pleased with your production figures, but there's something for pretty much everyone here. Missed the RAF Herc somehow, but will look for it now. All best for 2021!

Justin

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bedders said:

A great collection for 2020 Tony. Curtiss Aeroplane & Motor Co will be particularly pleased with your production figures, but there's something for pretty much everyone here. Missed the RAF Herc somehow, but will look for it now. All best for 2021!

Justin

Thanks Justin,...... yeah for some reason I was stuck indoors with nothing to do,.... more than usual anyway!! Glad you like them and cheers for saying so.

11 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Wowzas! Can't pick a favourite - maybe all of them.

Regards,

Adrian

LOL,.... thanks Adrian,.... glad you like them mate, cheers. 

10 hours ago, Natter said:

Crikey Tony, what a year.  Brilliant models one and all.

Thanks Dave,.... very kind of you,..... well there was nothing else to do really in 2020! 

14 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Just incredible Tony, so many great builds on display - the Walrus is sublime.

Thanks Cookie,...... glad you like them mate,... to be fair the Walrus would look great whoever built it,.... it is a lovely kit.

Thanks everybody,

Tony 

Wow!!!! Just wow!!! I think

you Must build in your sleep as well as the waking hours. I was going to go back and count but I figured what’s the point. 🤪 Every one a real treat. Sch an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I had an extra Tiger moth for Christmas. I can now follow you and do two. 🙌🤩😍

Happy new year.

John.

• Like 1

Blimey that is mightily impressive. It may not be the most popular build but I really like the Valletta.

I also like the metallic finish on several of your models. Knowing you are a hairy stick wielder, what’s your secret?

Trevor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow!!!! Just wow!!! I think

you Must build in your sleep as well as the waking hours. I was going to go back and count but I figured what’s the point. 🤪 Every one a real treat. Sch an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I had an extra Tiger moth for Christmas. I can now follow you and do two. 🙌🤩😍

Happy new year.

John.

Thanks John,..... I`ve almost finished a third 48th Tiger Moth which has been decalled and was just ready for rigging,.... but I`ve lost the propeller spinner/spigot which flew off when I blew the propeller like a big kid,.... so it has gone back in the box! Serched everywhere and the carpet monster has well and truly claimed it! 

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Blimey that is mightily impressive. It may not be the most popular build but I really like the Valletta.

I also like the metallic finish on several of your models. Knowing you are a hairy stick wielder, what’s your secret?

Trevor

Cheers Trevor,...... yeah the Valletta was a year highlight for me too,.... always wanted to build this type nd finally got the chance,,...... hopefully we`ll get a Hastings sometime soon and holy of holy,... a Beverley???? Re the silver,.... I`ve recently discovered that life is too short to brush paint certain colours over a large area and for silver, red, yellow and white I use rattle cans now,...... the silver I prefer is Tamiya Bare Metal Silver. With matt varnish applied it is a decent reproduction of RAF Silver paint.  

Cheers Fellas,

Tony

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tonyot said:

but I`ve lost the propeller spinner/spigot which flew off when I blew the propeller like a big kid,.... so it has gone back in the box! Serched everywhere and the carpet monster has well and truly claimed it! 

Noooooo. To be fair if you get in touch with Airfix they will send another. It’ll take ages but it’ll come. Is there a WIP? I’ll have a look. 😯

Johnny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Noooooo. To be fair if you get in touch with Airfix they will send another. It’ll take ages but it’ll come. Is there a WIP? I’ll have a look. 😯

Johnny.

No WIP mate,..... just went to open the box to take a pic and found the missus had put something heavy on top of it,..... and snapped the interplane struts too! This kit is definitely jinxed! 

DSCF9434-NEW.jpg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

No WIP mate,..... just went to open the box to take a pic and found the missus had put something heavy on top of it,..... and snapped the interplane struts too! This kit is definitely jinxed! 

DSCF9434-NEW.jpg

Hells bells.😩😩😩 What a wonderful scheme though.  I’m trying to thing where that prop could have gone. That’s one hell of a carpet monster. Where there any shoes or boxes around? I found a bit glued to my sock once. 🤦‍♂️ Ahh all the fun of modelling eh. 

Thanks for the pic though. 👍👌

Johnny

13 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Hells bells.😩😩😩 What a wonderful scheme though.  I’m trying to thing where that prop could have gone. That’s one hell of a carpet monster. Where there any shoes or boxes around? I found a bit glued to my sock once. 🤦‍♂️ Ahh all the fun of modelling eh. 

Thanks for the pic though. 👍👌

Johnny

Thanks mate,...... I`ve got the prop,.... it is just the small shaft and spinner part which holds the prop in place which has gone missing,..... searched everywhere,.... even my socks,...... nothing,... so might have to look at making something from scratch!! Bit narked that I have to mend those struts too now,..... could have done without that!  The scheme comes from Model Art Decal System..... Jean-Pierre has done a lovely sheet of Tiger Moths. 

Yeah all part of the fun eh,.... character building!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry to hear about the Tiggie Tony, it looked lovely too in the RN scheme.   

Hope you get the struts rebuilt okay and the prop bits too.  Like Johnny said it might be worth getting onto Airfix for the bits you need.

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... we`ll see,.... I don`t like contacting them for prts that I have lot myself or had broken,...... if they were missing fom the kit,....then fair enough.

• Like 2

SO that's quite a lot of models then? Really like the Sunderlands and very impressed by the sheer quantity!

Great work,

Nick

• Like 1