Combrig models

Hello has any body built one of these models and are they good quality. I am looking at their SMS Elsass model in 1/350 not cheap, just wanted  to know any more information on these kits before committing lots of money.

sammy

They have a very good reputation for accuracy, casting quality and buildability. I only have one (1/700 HMS Indefatigable) and it is very good. Some resin parts are duplicated on the PE frets (starfish particularly), and if unused to it you may have trouble releasing some of the small parts from the wafers they are cast on (also starfish, particularly). Two things you need to expect, the PE doesn't include railings, and you're expected to fashion your own masts and yards, no material being supplied. There are plenty of PE railings and turned brass sticky out bits available as aftermarket of course, but it is an additional expense.

Plenty of reviews of Combrig kits on the Internet. Here's just one site as an example, but you'll have to trawl through it and not get distracted:   http://www.steelnavy.com/ReviewsChapters.htm

Paul.

Combrig is great! However, be aware that their early kits are not as good. No P.E. details and some scratch build is necessary to get best results.

Later kits are awesome! But you may have to scratch build masts/yards.

Edited by Mike Esposito

The Elsass is a very complex kit, a lot of etch and parts so I would recommend it only to those with a fair bit of experience in using etch and building resin kits.  As a new Combrig kit the quality of detail and casting is superb, amongst the very best kits of any type (resin or plastic) currently available.

I stock Combrig in my shop and have a small number of 1/350 kits at the moment including Elsass but can order anything you need although delivery is quite slow at the moment for obvious reasons.