Two more from the back catalogue

Here are another couple of "oldies" (can you tell I'm between projects right now?).

A 54mm Pegaso C14 subject, done out as a Swabian Knight, hence the Strangled Chicken emblem.

And a Roman auxiliary archer by Soldiers; also 54mm. I liked this piece so much, I got a horse archer bow and we (family) now shoot at an archery club on the edge of Towton Battlefield ... with our Scythian bows.

This tatty set-up seems to work, light-wise, so I'll continue with it for the time being.

20201226_165407 20201226_165418

20201226_165427 20201226_165437

And the Ancient...

20201226_165522 20201226_165530 20201226_165537 20201226_165547

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

This tatty set-up seems to work, light-wise, so I'll continue with it for the time being.

agree with the light, the figures are great,  not over shaded/highlighted, which is very impressive, as it the armour and mail.   

re the pics, they are on Flickr,  you could just crop them after uploading, they would easily crop down to portrait images, which would cut away the most distracting bits of the background, 

If you like the light here where they were shot,(by a window?)   try a piece of light coloured paper, or cloth, even a plain shirt or T-shirt will work, in front of the cardboard, and then curving out under the figure,  which combined with a bit of cropping, would give a simple neutral background,  which would really let the paint job on these speak for itself without distraction.

There is not that much figure work on here, @Roger Newsome just did some excellent flats, and @Ted and @Jim Wasley  I think would enjoy these a lot as well.

cheers

T

• Thanks 2