1/72nd Airfix Blenheim Mk.If, 604 (County of Middlesex) Sqn, RAF Middle Wallop, Battle of Britain, Summer 1940

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

Another Blenheim cracker mate. 

Cheers Neil,..... I do like the Blenheim and Airfix have treated us in 1/72nd and 1/48th,..... be nice if they did a Mk.IV in 1/48th,....or even better a Mk.V in either or both!

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Another fine build to add to the collection Tony!

Thanks Steve,.... I do enjoy these Airfix Blenheim`s! 

Just now caught this RFI- Dayam, Tony, yet another awesome Blenheim build and a wonderful tribute  model, as well! Surely you must be getting to the bottom of that case of Airfix kits by now? Best wishes for the the new year to you and yours! :worthy:

Mike

• Haha 1

Again another beautifully built and painted model Tony, I've heard about the problems with fitting the Glazing, good to see you beat it into submission..

It's got an attractive pugnacious look to it, Love it.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Just now caught this RFI- Dayam, Tony, yet another awesome Blenheim build and a wonderful tribute  model, as well! Surely you must be getting to the bottom of that case of Airfix kits by now? Best wishes for the the new year to you and yours! :worthy:

Mike

LOL,... cheers Mike and yeah Happy New Year to you and yours too pal. 

15 minutes ago, Viking said:

Again another beautifully built and painted model Tony, I've heard about the problems with fitting the Glazing, good to see you beat it into submission..

It's got an attractive pugnacious look to it, Love it.

Cheers

John

Thanks John,..... the glazing can be tricky and I badly cracked it on my first model,..... but with some fettling it can easily be done and I added some spacers made from sprue inside the canopy to push the edges where they meet the fuselage outwards more to help them lay flush. 

I know exactly what you mean about the look of the Mk.I,..... looks like it has some attitude.

Cheers

Tony 

Allegedly 'Wallop' refers to the stream that runs through the villages of Nether, Middle and Upper Wallop.  Also allegedly, WG Grace's bat maker used to select his Willow trees from the side of the Wallop stream to make the famous batsman's bats.  I believe that 'Cat's Eyes' Cunningham used to fly from Middle Wallop airfield as well.

Oh; and I (along with many, many others) competed my Class 2 ('84 to '86) and Class 2-1 ('89) Upgrader's courses at Middle Wallop, so I have something of an affinity with the place.

As an aside - nice model Tony!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natter said:

Allegedly 'Wallop' refers to the stream that runs through the villages of Nether, Middle and Upper Wallop.  Also allegedly, WG Grace's bat maker used to select his Willow trees from the side of the Wallop stream to make the famous batsman's bats.  I believe that 'Cat's Eyes' Cunningham used to fly from Middle Wallop airfield as well.

Oh; and I (along with many, many others) competed my Class 2 ('84 to '86) and Class 2-1 ('89) Upgrader's courses at Middle Wallop, so I have something of an affinity with the place.

As an aside - nice model Tony!

Cheers mate,....... interesting info,..... and you are of a similar vintage to myself,....... although I didn`t actually go to Middle Wallop until I was based at nearby Bulford,.... and what a dump that place was,..... but it could have been worse and been Tidworth!! 

Cheers

Tony