New Pictures! Strictly Airfix! Harrier GR.1 Diorama RAFG Guetersloh 1:72

10 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Just need the top of the cap of the RAF police man to be white to make it spot on.

Hello mate,

as i saw only all-blue corporals in Guetersloh (even mixed under policemen) pics of around 1971 i thought it was the strong light from above making the cap looking pale.

But you are complete right, the white cap is more rounded (here) and i didnt notice (until your hint) the hidden R.A.F.P. Armband on the left (also here)

So thank you, and i will change it, add the band, scalp the cap at the white border, Preiser figures have a lot spare caps 🙂

Cheers,

Tom

Nice build/diorama!

Bit puzzled, 20 Sqn was never based at Gutersloh and XV800 crashed in 1975 (birdstrike) before Harriers ever got to Gut. Are you sure that the title of the diorama should really be RAF Wildenrath?

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Nice build/diorama!

Bit puzzled, 20 Sqn was never based at Gutersloh and XV800 crashed in 1975 (birdstrike) before Harriers ever got to Gut. Are you sure that the title of the diorama should really be RAF Wildenrath?

Selwyn

Wildenrath was too far away from the border to GDR. The short legged Hars were therefore a lot for practising in/around ETUO before 1977 (definite move), also in Camps as Sennelager or other field bases as Eberhardt or on the Autobahn nearby (many pictures). This picture is in fact in front of the very famous RAF Officers Club in ETUO ( because of Göring there WWII) where a Spitfire was Gate Guard for long time (The Princess Royal Barracks). I have 10+ pics of XV800 in/around ETUO, none in Wildenrath. Yes, 20 Sqn didnt move, got Jags because too much attrition of GR.1/3.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 4

17 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Just need the top of the cap of the RAF police man to be white to make it spot on.

That's why they were known as "snowdrops" in RAF slang.  Very nice diorama, and a lovely Harrier. :clap2:

• Thanks 1