Justins 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR XIX.

RevDWC

Hi all.

I've gone back and forward a bit about joining this year as I've failed to finish the last 2 blitzbuilds I've attempted, but here I am. Full of optimism, or safe in my delusions, I'm back to try again.

I'll build it OOB, in the aluminium RAF finish.

Dinner is almost ready, so will get stuck in after that.

Cheers, and brb, Justin in NZ.

p?i=e06c70094dbfbd4ead7f2bd91031c677

• Like 5

4 1/2 hours down and that's me for the night. I have the cockpit together and interior  painted. First time using my new Tamiya basic airbrush, certainty a step up from the Badger 250 I've had for years.

p?i=b346f516eb3be212f3f4936eab2263f0

• Like 3

This is a nice kit for a blitzbuild. I once decided to build one in 12 hours, not for an actual blitzbuild or anything, I just decided that morning that I wanted a new Spitfire. I successfully did it with a few minutes to spare and a cinema trip halfway through. 

• Like 1

Thanks Steve. I've just got a coat of clear (Tamiya x-22) on and letting it dry before decals.

The airbrush seems to work well. So far I haven't tried anything beyond painting broard areas one colour. It felt a bit unwieldy at first, but I've got used to it now. 

One quirk is the air flows constantly, with the trigger only controlling the flow of paint. I ended up fitting a tap to my air line to work around this.

p?i=6434fda6dac3737ec0cc83d502e7651e

• Like 1

Decals on, as far as I care to. Too much frustration with the 10 tiny ones that go on the spinner, so the few I had managed have been removed. Will give it some time to dry and get a coat of clear to seal them.

p?i=6618bfe1e25cbf6466aa4fd734b7d9b9

• Like 1

I do believe I've finished. Will check the times shortly, but am pretty sure it's under 24hrs, and that I'll be getting to bed at a reasonable hour for work tomorrow (won't be getting up at anything like a reasonable hour though).

One last oops when removing the masking on the side camera port, but the glue has held one one side so it may be recoverable later.

p?i=99d37cf9d9ac3fff50fac124a459072c

I'll post a few pics in the gallery shortly.

• Like 2