US Navy F2H-3 of VF-41 "Black Aces" on USS Bennington, 1956 (Academy 1/72)

jrlx

Dear All,

Having finished an AZ Model AH-1G Cobra in mid-December, which gave me a fight almost every step of the way, I decided to build something simple and out-of-the-box. I opted for Academy's F2H-3, which seemed quite simple and has been recently re-boxed.

Here's a picture of the box art, sprues and decals:

y4mUfM67eWSfxThpSma06OwybTeVP7pM1OAzr-zJ

IMAG7109

The decal sheet in detail. It's printed by Cartograf, should perform flawlessly:

y4mBzjVDa75lnLMlJUawc3b2B3p9lmm83e-bEeub

IMAG7110

The decals allow one of seven schemes to be built. On the box side we can see six of these:

y4mDV8bZeHqGCXGRBa28LGLyvFoP91bL9duKffUN

IMAG7111

However, I'll build the box-art scheme, which is also shown on the top sides of the box:

y4mz52psNccU5jkMeiOa9mko-TcZY1zpB5Ikmopp

IMAG7112

There's a good picture of this aircraft on the net:

F2H-3_of_VF-41_on_USS_Bennington_(CVA-20

There's also a video of flight operations of VF-41 aboard another carrier (USS Forrestal) around the same time:

There are two detailed walk-arounds on the net:

https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f2h/f2h_walk.shtml

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle2/f2h_126419/

I started the build by removing the cockpit parts from the sprues:

y4mAnJzSfS2afQpX8sXLBYwyFhKgFiED5ybZo0g_

IMAG7113

The instrument panel and side panels have raised detail to represent the instrumentation but there are no decals for that. The control column is a poor representation of the real thing. The ejection seat needs some scratch built additions to represent the ejection handles.

These handles are shown in the following pictures of the real thing: there's one on each side of the seat, in red and yellow stripes,

fortin_f2h_11.jpg

fortin_f2h_13.jpg

There's also a red handle on the top of the seat, visible through the canopy on this picture:

fortin_f2h_63.jpg

I made the handles from 0.2 mm copper wire. The seat was drilled on the proper places and the pre-bent wires were glued in place with CA. Here's the final result:

y4mTMW4di2RhDsyWY1_EWWNwUHsrIYzDg2O3hXI1

IMAG7119

The ejection mark on the floor of the cockpit tube isn't completely covered by the seat. So, I applied a circular piece of plasticard and a bit of Perfect Plastic Putty (PPP) to make it disappear:

y4m72YAArTT7GUKLmLAOd9UUE2lcWYUkIOk-NIgu

IMAG7115

The bulkhead on the back of the cockpit tube was glued in place:

y4m0pYZXhyzr2Jj007Ad1k5QC7BgFeIfZKA-LvdG

IMAG7117

The cockpit parts are ready for painting:

y4mDq0JxVIiGGcUsvT-Tvxu-cnAl5a2oxkQ-jmj1

IMAG7120

The fuselage and wing parts were also removed from the sprues:

y4m811da2wGON4KIdxfYWvawHj8Eq1Xf7cFOcNhW

IMAG7114

The fit seems to be good. The main and nose wheel wells are very poor: too shallow and with no detail whatsoever. I'll try to improve them somehow. Another problematic area are the air intakes, which lack the inner tubing leading to the compressor faces of the turbines (though these are schematically represented in the kit).

Here is a picture of the real thing:

Front compressor face and intake tubing

fortin_f2h_09.jpg

Rear compressor face and exhaust tubing:

f2h_126419_10_of_72.jpg

The kit parts for the front compressor faces (bottom of the image) and rear compressor faces (four parts on the top left of the image):

y4mHTln--W7Rh-yDDkkIn__KLIPZ9Jzut81U23tq

IMAG7122

I'll try to make the intake tubing from thin plasticard sheet but it will be complicated. In the meanwhile, I glued in place two parts that represent the vertical sidewalls of the intakes:

y4mbNYYEIkS-jRnzFrLxL90EFNOZPquQKl8V-V5X

IMAG7121

I noticed that the openings for the canons on the sides of the front fuselage are simple holes (visible on the left edge of the previous picture), allowing the inside of the model to be seen. To avoid this, I used thin plasticard to create tubings for these openings.

Here are they glued in place on the inside of the fuselage halves:

y4mJjS5lDoNW7VcR_LXeYy0wwI-ZI5M1xQJOZ9po

IMAG7123

Here's a front view of the result:

y4mdACJDeHMJ8P-vY6l4K6QoZhOXzb-rVXVEa_Gl

IMAG7124

Well, so much for my intentions of building the kit OOB...

The cockpit parts and the inside walls of the cockpit on the fuselage halves were primed with Alclad Black Primer and Microfiller but I didn't take pictures yet.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

Jaime

• Like 14

Some notes here: https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2009/12/f2h-banshee-modeling-notes.html

The most noticeable, sort of, is the nose landing gear difference from the F2H-1/2 Banshees.

I failed to mention that in the -3/4s, a large radar scope was added on the right side of the instrument panel. It is missing from the kit’s instrument panel and is one of the less significant but still somewhat visible differences between the -1/2s and the -3/4s.

Note: I’ve just modified that post to add an illustration of the -3/4 instrument panel and one of the fillet added to the inboard leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer. 

Edited by Tailspin Turtle
Correct typo
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see the -3 "Bigger Banjo" getting some love. It wasn't what one would call a flashy performer, but it proved very dependable and it provided McDonnell with enough cash to go on to bigger and better things.

-d-

• Like 1

16 hours ago, giemme said:

Off to a great start already, Jaime! :clap:

I'm in, if you don't mind :popcorn:

Ciao 

Hi Giorgio! It's always a pleasure to have you on board! I hope I won't disapoint!

10 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Some notes here: https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2009/12/f2h-banshee-modeling-notes.html

The most noticeable, sort of, is the nose landing gear difference from the F2H-1/2 Banshees.

I failed to mention that in the -3/4s, a large radar scope was added on the right side of the instrument panel. It is missing from the kit’s instrument panel and is one of the less significant but still somewhat visible differences between the -1/2s and the -3/4s.

Note: I’ve just modified that post to add an illustration of the -3/4 instrument panel and one of the bit fillet added to the horizontal stabilizer. 

Thank you very much for the link: very interesting and useful.

7 hours ago, David H said:

Nice to see the -3 "Bigger Banjo" getting some love. It wasn't what one would call a flashy performer, but it proved very dependable and it provided McDonnell with enough cash to go on to bigger and better things.

-d-

I find these 50's jets quite interesting and have a few different types in my stash.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi again,

a small update with some recent progress.

I applied Alclad Black Primer & Microfiller to the cockpit parts:

y4mjaYfZnJnviIeW3oeS1mZ3HUDzZBrVgnTAvSlj

IMAG7125

and to the inner cockpit walls:

y4mQxfu2bCtDQtbPBL2w2tEJEKEZuxqYrWPJsIGb

IMAG7126

Since the side panels are black, I masked them on the cockpit tube before painting the interior colour:

y4m5AOKN4GQ8UyplaQ64-_JloeLh6Wx7FZVNNeb8

IMAG7127

The front and back coamings of the cockpit were also masked:

y4mIep-EajPTQnIKC2EsW-CaMpFuIlvjvRUSTQno

IMAG7128

After painting the interior grey (Gunze H317 Dark Gull Grey), the masking was removed:

y4mWJGc3RTPOwbupn714nRfdTHuc4xSv7A5Y-vVL

IMAG7130

I'll dry brush the instruments latter with grey and silver to make them stand out.

y4mjPYB7VTJaVkSDrsWx2YbtLhd1lyPXOLsh7ev9

IMAG7133

The other colours on the small parts were brush painted. The ejection handles of the seat were first white based:

y4mDpHWDXFBDEOe4OJiMPMavzwYbXaxh11jTrU_9

IMAG7129

Next, I painted the yellow handles:

y4md-W_C_qbHpDya0ke0L-FtODFpLnuJN3Lwqdgy

IMAG7131

Finally, I painted the red handle and the red stipes on the yellow handles:

y4m9Ush7ht506GxNZrKAYVU_DAYWDeEw2twfPpTb

IMAG7132

I'll add seatbelts from a spare PE set.

I'm now trying to make the intake tubings from plasticard but I've been a bit stuck on this task. I'll report latter, when I manage to finish them.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 6

Hi again,

As I said before, due to some inaccuracies of this kit, this project won't be an OOB build. One of the areas which I want to improve is the intakes, for which I decided to scratch-build the intake tubing. For that, I started trying to create a template out of paper, from which a plasticard piece would be made and bent to proper shape. After several tries with paper cuts, I was convince I had managed to create a proper template and cut the corresponding pieces in plastic from a 0.13mm plasticard sheet.

This picture shows the paper template on top (the one on the right is already bent) and the plasticard templates on the bottom:

y4mkQxkQ8WYkhi1WrOpzjepnlG5IYDKoxTok_R-Q

IMAG7134

Unfortunately, after several tries, I didn't manage to get properly shaped intakes by bending the plastic templates. This is due to the complex variation of the tubing from front to back. I decided to put this task to rest and move to other areas of the build, while thinking on a better way to build the intakes (possibly with two pieces of plastic per intake, but we'll see).

Another area to improve is the compressor faces of the jet engines. The front face is open and needs to be closed by a piece of plasticard. On these pieces I scribed radial lines to simulate the compressor face blades. This picture shows the piece on the left ready:

y4mBKDHEaXxJPUQHWyWPbgzyre6kLC9r6t8jRrkq

IMAG7135

This is how they look after glueing in place. Hopefully, a coat of steel paint will make them look ok. The ejector marks on the parts shouldn't be visible after installing the intake ducts, so I didn't remove them:

y4m_-cbR9jdDqtMear8Ju3c76s3QoO6ekp6F9nUS

IMAG7136

I also scribed radial lines on the exhaust ends of the jet engines:

y4mZOwfBQlhIWErPupgFCUM1xiquTn4oEW8NB1MK

IMAG7137

End result, ready for painting:

y4m-vtRhRAkS6zIWurdyqkE6aKDle9VFSsZ7bSyn

IMAG7138

Next, I decided to scribe several panel lines that are missing on the underside of the wings. The most prominent are those of the wheel well door which covers the well. It is shown on the painting scheme of the kit, so I decided to scale the scheme in the photocopier to the size of the wing part and cut a paper template for scribing these panel lines. However, the scheme is not dimensionally correct: the inner part of the wing is wider than the corresponding section of the plastic part. I opted for scaling so that the outer part of the wing in the scheme would correspond to the real size of the same section of the wing part. A scaling of 226% was applied. Using the resulting paper template, I scribed the wheel door on one of the wings, as shown in this picture:

y4mRmNpy8Hl0nBMx-595IpJyeQ1L9D_KBHymp4u_

IMAG7139

There are other lines that must be scribed on the control surfaces (trim tabs) and some lines are missing or incorrect. While searching the net for blueprints and pictures showing these details, I found that the wheel door already scribed wasn't exactly correct: the top and bottom edges shouldn't be parallel but slightly angled towards one another. I'll have to rectify that.

Right now I'm figuring out the proper placement of the additional lines to scribe. This is not so easy, because the available blueprints are not very detailed or consistent with the pictures of the walk-arounds. More on this latter.

Thanks for looking

Jaime

• Like 5

Looks great so far. Detail and Scale is coming out with a new book on the later Banshees, one of the errors they point out on the kit is the step on the tailplanes is way too abrupt. One look at a picture shows it. Of course I missed it! I built this years ago, I finished the intakes with milliput and a wet qtip. No sanding and no seams. I think I just held some plastic tubing over the compressor faces while I pushed the milliput around them. 

Edited by Robin-42
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:36 PM, jrlx said:

I find these 50's jets quite interesting and have a few different types in my stash.

Cheers

Jaime

I have an old hobby craft kit in the stash if you want to talk about simple!

Edited by Bejay53
  • Like 1

Nice progress, Jaime  :clap:

For the intakes: I used a template made from an eraser gum (Staedler works very well) in a couple of builds. It's very easy to carve and sand/shape, and strong enough to hold vacforming/plounge moulding. HTH

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

Strictly speaking, those red and yellow “handles” on the sides of the ejection seat were there to keep the pilot’s legs from flailing when he came out of the cockpit into the free stream air. The pilot was supposed to put his feet into something like pans on the front edge of the bottom of the seat and pull those handles into a vertical position (the early seats required a separate action to arm the seat and accomplish some preliminary functions before the face curtain was pulled). The “handles” should therefore be angled forward out of the way of the side consoles normally. Also see https://images.app.goo.gl/haFZu7FhKGgn2JwJ8 

Note that the illustration is misleading in that the seat would normally have a seat cushion/survival kit in the bucket and a back-pack parachute in it (these were standard GFE and often left out of the aircraft manufacturer’s illustrations).

Edited by Tailspin Turtle
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Shalako said:

Any progress?

Hello @Shalako, thanks for your interest. I did progress a bit but didn't have the time to update the thread yet. I still have to solve the problem of how to create acceptable intake tubing.

Cheers

Jaime

On 10/01/2021 at 16:06, Tailspin Turtle said:

Strictly speaking, those red and yellow “handles” on the sides of the ejection seat were there to keep the pilot’s legs from flailing when he came out of the cockpit into the free stream air. The pilot was supposed to put his feet into something like pans on the front edge of the bottom of the seat and pull those handles into a vertical position (the early seats required a separate action to arm the seat and accomplish some preliminary functions before the face curtain was pulled). The “handles” should therefore be angled forward out of the way of the side consoles normally. Also see https://images.app.goo.gl/haFZu7FhKGgn2JwJ8 

Note that the illustration is misleading in that the seat would normally have a seat cushion/survival kit in the bucket and a back-pack parachute in it (these were standard GFE and often left out of the aircraft manufacturer’s illustrations).

Thank you for the explanation. I wasn't aware of these details and followed the pictures of the cockpit which I inserted in my first post of this thread. In the museum aircraft, the handles are positioned vertically and so did I in my scratch building. I'm afraid the fuselage was already closed when I read your explanation, and there was no way to modify the position of the handles (I still have to post those pictures, though).

Cheers

Jaime

• 4 months later...

Hi again,

After a long period away from this build, I've finally made some progress last week in making air-intakes for the jet engines, which was scaring me away from the build.

However, I still must update the build log with work done earlier this year, from January to March.

First, I decided to complete seat with the foot-rests protruding in front of the seat. These were done with 0.13 mm-think plasticard:

y4mGrDB9TOClZXMVWau-9NkeLaDeYo3norQ2hKmV

IMAG7154

The foot-rests were painted by paintbrush:

y4mq88iCmWC__cdF1VxckZp-F4H6YIW77b3xlcow

IMAG7155

The raised detail on the instrument panel and side panels was highlighted by dry-brushing:

y4mME7B87kU8lSbqiFnfgoxwM00BrEaAVILjFZSV

IMAG7156

y4m_lS1HfAALuM3swou3PFT9agEb_6wV4ZqDYIt8

IMAG7157

The next step was applying a dark wash to the cockpit parts, after gloss-coating these parts. I used Vallejo's greased earth acrylic wash:

y4mBuXVwzaOvg4llyaWpMQwaovbC32nMLmAWWGSG

IMAG7159

A detail of the gloss-coated cockpit parts before applying the wash:

y4mNhv-3KdBByJ9QKJRNCD4XoVp5TBDhvjVegaQq

IMAG7160

After the wash, a matt coat was applied, resulting in this:

y4m_iiQKs6_FITjywfYZKrNCvXwxo_6XYO_yiJWV

IMAG7163

The cockpit walls turned out very dark because I didn't remove the excess wash:

y4muJXPmoldusKHJEENS1enlUbYMlvirUCMoY_iN

IMAG7164

I used some spare PE seat belts from a Cobra helicopter for this build, as they look very similar to the seat belts used in this aircraft. The seat belts were painted still in the PE fret:

y4mP4O7hmEBzqrCfv2KF9va8-mmYYFmK2ynXkAoA

IMAG7158

I decided to try a recently acquired liquid chrome marker to paint the buckles:

y4m-A9zobw7RM-HmAxeGCuvQ7RRmmjVjeZQF7lVt

IMAG7165

Here's the result:

y4mWOzFt_2prpZJL-FIRM7QLt2X2yjxKUs84siw2

IMAG7166

The seat belts were cut off the fret:

y4mDtqbnqL80HhHoi9LqwnxByTZmh9O8HteRBP0y

IMAG7174

... applied to the seat:

y4mn8P7XUXVl_lXQOC97xoBd_U7Xsm8pF8ASRANF

IMAG7175

The seat was glued to the cockpit base:

y4mbT6vk8IaRsA86lq7Ep_QhhRpGoXhVQ5ST96Vg

IMAG7176

The cockpit base was glued to the port fuselage half:

y4mq8P15i8bZ9nifLsDgdlwr0kMD0Vusw7O9sZhQ

IMAG7180

The model needs some weight on the nose to avoid becoming a tail seater. I used miliput to glue lead balls in place:

y4mMRnmkQtKfutzDxp3AgTNfIQrwjOCy22oFumrN

IMAG7181

I had to close the front of the cockpit base in order to avoid seeing the lead in the nose:

y4mgLoPkC8DqtegNK7w8MDTyhj4CoUZM7trCuFwU

IMAG7189

The fuselage halves were glued together:

y4mZUtZ9-rAE-Y942pdgiez2ieDiwRIXyJjNguCr

IMAG7190

y4m9WNqHgrsCfyh9qL8jYWvTPUcpcuceTXDlpkdb

IMAG7194

I applied tiny drops of Aqua Gloss on the instrument faces to simulate the glass covers:

y4mT76gNVKV-GOFA6Wgdjr3oYz4XWQNRSQKE6Nz8

IMAG7171

Finally, the instrument panel was glued in place:

y4mSzx2F1GLN9DyaAMEhoPF1Whab5gEBhZeAijB2

IMAG7221

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 5

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Lovely detailing and painting in the cockpit, Jaime - way to get the best out of an OOB build :clap: 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 16/04/2022 at 04:36, RC Boater Bill said:

Any progress?   I just found this thread- I just acquired this kit last week!  I’ve already learned a lot from your progress so far…..

Thanks a lot for your interest! I managed to solve the problem of how to create acceptable intake tubings and already glued the wings to the fuselage. I have several new pictures but haven't found the time to update the thread yet. I'll try to do it soon.

However, the build is on hold right now because I'm doing builds for the Matchbox GB and the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB.

Cheers

Jaime

• 8 months later...

Hi again,

I've been away from BM as an active contributor for a long time now because I haven't done any modelling for a while. I intend to resume work on my shelf of doom in January but I still have some updating to do on a few WIP threads. This is one of them.

The work below was done back in Jan-Mar. 2021.

As said in a previous post, the intake tubing was a blocking point in the build. While I was thinking about a possible solution, I went on with the build doing other things.

I removed the canopy parts from the sprues:

y4mZVIAZQ0QztwNO8YI62vxP7V2BVmTVaaL_99oG

IMAG7162

Next, I scribed missing panel lines on the wings' undersurfaces:

y4mWJORbwvPKtG-KYAjyQEv-GqnSNUW2K2UMnbZp

IMAG7188

I also looked for and found a PE replacement for an antenna that will be installed on the underside of the fuselage:

y4mCfxayTjEAHuOSM2P-aqrJMASPqpIKBt6GHExL

IMAG7218

The main landing gear wheels were removed from the sprues:

y4mvIOjhMDjNBu2MRvxnBu-d7a5iYfSrL9LlWXSf

IMAG7219

To make the ejection marks disappear, I first glued pieces of plastic rods in the marks:

y4mZuAtXAoBf8fFuWLiIs9pw-zMn6dSwRmdTGAqH

IMAG7262

The main landing gear legs were test-fitted to check if there was enough space to add some detail to the wheel wells. Available space is limited but I'll try to add something anyway:

y4mgyqlsYadvF8De4c3blNBjrVlhhc1GWQYls9fk

IMAG7220

Small parts removed from the sprues:

y4m9tzY_WFBSwJr2iaWaIb5VL9GPxq52Tu4LvVy-

IMAG7239

The rockets were glued to their pylons:

y4mPldTEqRhSUM21JLGp5KG_rjVVcCA4OvDfSQph

IMAG7241

The fuel tanks were assembled and the horizontal stabiliser parts were also removed from the sprues:

y4mIdnv-I6EjgtVIgEyVXyMxOskQ5cDrPzFIsVff

IMAG7242

Next, it was time to install the exhaust parts in the wings:

y4m8UGZ48uWEcxvcFzn_lFmLgf7VrmPUaK3yA0JGIMAG7243

Since there would be big seams inside the exhaust tubing, I decided to glue pieces of thin plasticard along the joins of the wing halves before glueing these halves together. Here are the lower halves of both wings with the pieces of plasticard glued in place:

y4mrKlCxA_2YyJfwqR3fgexvaoVL7wyhTo-OawJ7

IMAG7261

I used a piece of sandpaper glued to a toothpick to blend the plasticard pieces with the interior surface of the exhaust tubing. This was done for the lower edge of the pieces before glueing the wing halves together and repeated for the top edges after, which was more difficult due to space limitations.

y4mvpHyzHcNn8Z4Ti0ZRVeHR3ObRQc3vz-5u4g0a

IMAG7263

Wing halves glued together:

y4mtkApy2kzSoaxJ9S2UWeCuFjNeBD4nZFwkqA0p

IMAG7264

In the next post I'll show how I did the intake tubing and I'll finish updating the thread.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3

Hi again,

This is the remaining post for bringing the thread up to date. It shows work done in Nov.-Dec.2021.

I devised a solution for the intake tubing, comprising two pieces of 0,13mm-thick plasticard.

The first piece is shown below for the port wing and makes up the outboard side of the tubing:

y4mGldK0tRcxoGgJNjR_1ruABa0I-sMQoHymDKkX

IMAG7502

The following pictures show the installation of the outboard tubing on the starboard wing (I didn't take a picture of the installation of the equivalent piece on the port wing):

y4mzGYWv8Ul9X-Y5MrDgNbF-yitA04cCfGsyQOUZ

IMAG7500

y4mDSSX3qjaRKNVH2ODYAiCv6Ms5-qenv3IU9pz5

IMAG7501

Next, I installed the inboard piece of the tubing:

y4m6sRFGjbqOMFoho9hvTUg0xxiKSjOrAgRYFnVI

IMAG7503

y4mvsP3Jr8dpo0c-gK_QaU4vygpbNJjRv_qL0Vw2

IMAG7504

The inboard piece of plastic will be adjusted after glueing the wings to the fuselage.

Wings on:

y4mAr7INymQGKVHVsMmWvaXZIKyIgcHj-7-Z_3Py

IMAG7505

y4m7KpYeRjalm4NLRpr-DzDKsreH1wHV6vITqii3

IMAG7506

After glueing the wings, the intake tubing was finally adjusted:

y4m8aco4Nb_J_D2-5-Krp1eyWgrugMjF9i8Y4r06

IMAG7508

y4mquhhosReZGLVY6JCskOffXrXivA7WJvY4h4PG

IMAG7510

y4mS-Y6hRu5YOGXXWjcIgT8KuBjaJVUH2tnT9WKl

IMAG7511

With the most difficult phase of the build behind, I glued the horizontal stabilisers in place:

y4mzUJVrKJrGSTWe7-_giHRuTxnxiznxIpyXLaWp

IMAG7532

y4mB1tj_kMhg-4m1zxcNp0z5alhXZT3OPqLVt6ET

IMAG7533

One of the worst points of the kit is the detail-less shallow wheel wells. There's a lot of detail visible in the walkaround pictures in primeportal (unfortunately, unreachable right now). I tried to add some detail using pieces of plastic and copper wire.

Starting with the nose wheel well, there's a nasty seam along the fuselage halves:

y4mof5H7hwsLmACiPy_VsCoMMq5KtGUeAy6NkGWu

IMAG7535

First, I glued in place a piece of plasticard:

y4mpykdLjOMyR22eOC8T2yPb8FPvxAe-3dJeTdoH

IMAG7536

The locating holes for the nose gear were drilled out and pieces of copper wire were glued in place, bent and with pieces of masking tape wound up in order to simulate some of the detail that can be seen in the walkaround pictures:

y4mywe0EXMfkUxPbaOVb25n0md31pgXoJ3DWZdKx

IMAG7538

Detail was also added to the main gear wells in a similar manner:

y4mRamZdFgp9heoxW0RGika4svYvwxKa4OIdXYb9

IMAG7543

That's all for now. Hopefully, I'll be able to carry on with this build in a couple of months.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3

Having just acquired this kit to potentially build in the upcoming Salty Sea Dog Group Build, I’m amazed how much work you’ve put into it to get it looking so good so far. I’ll have to go back and revisit the earlier posts, however this is all looking really good so far. I do hope you maintain the momentum and dedication to finish her off, all that great work really deserves it. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1