The Ultimate G-FIRE thread - Spitfire Mk. XIV, Spencer Flack

On 12/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, Sabrejet said:

And West Malling, 1982 or 83 I think. Oh to have had a better camera and unlimited film!

West Malling (15)

Going by the rain, I'd guess the photo was taken in 83, probably the Sunday. It was my first warbird show aged 13, and the two highlights for me were G-FIRE and Stefan Karwowski in the Bearcat. Got drenched, but it was worth it and the whole show blew this impressionable new teenager away. 

Currently building the entire line up for this airshow in 1/72. I've got an RFI thread somewhere on the subject. Not long finished G-FIRE and NH749, so I will be updating the thread soon. I do remember that every time I saw G-FIRE fly, the tail wheel was always fixed down and never retracted.

Steve

• Like 2

On 10/01/2021 at 11:55, bar side said:

Talking of all things Spencer Flack, I see Draw Decals ( ex Red Pegasus) have G-SPIT, G-FURY and G-HUNT decals in 1/48 on their website again.  They were not available for a while.  So I guess I didn’t miss Airfix announcing a G-HUNT kit in their 2021 new kits? I guess the straight edge wing might be a challenge 

Just to clear up any confusion, Draw Decals was not Red Pegasus.! Red Pegasus was a separate company now no longer operating due to passing of the owner. Draw Decals have, has  or  will be doing some of the Red Pegasus decals under their own Draw Decal banner  and to a better process. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...