“Tornado with Stripes!” - completed

trickyrich

thanks for the nice comments.... well I'm now 99.9999% completed!

Made a bit of an effort today. I was sure I have bought the Master Models  Pitot Probe set, but looks like I didn't, guess I'll have to make do with the kit bits!

So I have these and a couple of bit to do but she is finally finished! :yahoo:

So here is a couple of pre-release pictures!

IMG_5343-L.jpg

IMG_5344-L.jpg

• Like 14

• trickyrich changed the title to “Tornado with Stripes!” - 99.9999% done!!
7 hours ago, Col. said:

You missed a chance to buy some aftermarket for this one!?! Are you okay there fella? :blink2:

I was convinced that I had bought it, even spent quite some time going through different boxes looking for it, even through my past evilBay and online store invoices (gosh have I really spent that much money!!!!  :yikes: ...note to self never do that again! :whistle:) but it looks like I forgot....and the part isn't available online here. I may order it at a later stage.

• Haha 1

…and finally she’s done………ok it’s now 99.99999999999% complete :whistle: , I’m just waiting for some “Remove before Flight” tags, but they can be fitted anytime (plus I want to modify the intake covers slightly)….but it done!

The decaling ended up taking over 3 days mainly because they were so old and in quite poor condition, so they were inclined to break easily and “silvered” badly. I tried fixing them as I went but in the end I just had to abandoned all the tiny ones for my sanities sake! :blink:

It is a bit of a shame that the decals had gone off as I think this is one of the best Tiger Meet schemes around. Unfortunately this release is long gone, and very hard if not impossible to find in-line.

The model is actually not bad to build but really cries out for an AM cockpit and exhausts.

Well I can finally tick this one off the 2020 list  :thumbsup:  ….now I just need a shelf and some space that it’ll fit on.

Thanks for following, I’ll post more photos in the RFI & Gallery.

Plus this is a link to the actual aircraft.

http://airwingspotter.com/tiger-tiger-luftwaffe-tornado-ecr-jabog-32/

IMG_5378-XL.jpg

IMG_5380-XL.jpg

IMG_5383-XL.jpg

IMG_5390-XL.jpg

IMG_5395-XL.jpg

IMG_5400-XL.jpg

IMG_5401-XL.jpg

• Like 10

• trickyrich changed the title to “Tornado with Stripes!” - completed
  • 2 weeks later...