Morane Saulnier MS 406 Finnish Air Force 1/72

Hello fellow modellers! This is my first presentation thread on the forum (I am usually starting research topics) and the latest work for 2020; third in total for the year. It is the sweet Morane Saulnier MS406/410 of Special Hooby (Azur molds) that was reboxed, with some resin parts, last year in scale 1/72. It is generally a nice model, with minor fitting problems that can be overcome with just a little filling and sanding. I rescribed some problematic lines, mainly on the portside half of the fuselage and riveted all lines. I used two extra photoetch parts, one by Part Model Poland (manufactured for the Hasegawa/Hobby 2000 model but I found a lot of them fitting on this one) and the Kuvalainen set. I also made some scratches in the cockpit (eg. the reinforced back of the pilot's seat). Kit painted with Gunze and AK RC paints (black, green, white dispenser over AK worn effects, RLM 04 yellow RLM 65 undersides and a blue-gray colour for the cockpit). To get a satisfied green colour I made some mixtures with relative colour hues. Posting here the final photos. A thread describing the working process will maybe follow. MS-619 personal aircraft of MSgt Antti Johanes Tani 1/LeLv28 in Äänislinna (Petrozavodsk), March 1943. Welcome to read any comments! Have a nice holiday and a great New Year's Eve!

SRB-9088.jpg
SRB-9089.jpg
SRB-9090.jpg
SRB-9091.jpg
SRB-9092.jpg
SRB-9093.jpg
SRB-9094.jpg
SRB-9095.jpg
SRB-9096.jpg
SRB-9097.jpg
SRB-9099.jpg
SRB-9101.jpg
SRB-9102.jpg
SRB-9103.jpg

• Like 28

Thank you all of you for your nice comments, I appreciate it a lot! @Herb actually the MS.406 required some more changes to be fully converted into a 410 (many aircraft were upgraded in Finland during wartime). Main elements that changed was the radiator (MS.406 had a detachable cooler that created heavy drag when on down positition, whereas the 410 had a fixed one, like the MS-619 here), enforced back of pilot's seat (also here) but it lacked the modern machineguns (x2 on each wing) which were heated by internal circuit, thus making it a 410. I had read that since this aircraft still flew with the old type machineguns, was not yet considered as a Morane Saulnier 410. In 1944 it was upgraded into a final Mörkö.

Regards,

Themis

• Like 1