1/72nd Airfix Gladiator, 80 Sqn, Egypt 1939

6 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Another little gem Tony despite all the incidents she looks great 🥇

Thanks for sharing

regards

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,....... I can feel an Irish one (or two) coming on soon too!

4 hours ago, Edge said:

Nice one Tony. Unusual subject too.

Edge

Thanks Edge,..... you know me,.... I`m a bit weird!

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Lovely job as usual Tony, I agree that some kits are cursed - I've had a few in my time!

Interesting to see this, I've just finished reading Roald Dahl's 'going solo', he was with 80 squadron flying Gladiators at the time, and was severely injured after crash landing in rock strewn desert. He recovered and rejoined 80 Sqn in Greece on Hurricanes. I'm forming an idea that these might make a nice pair of models.

Cheers

John

Thanks John,..... yeah I read Going Solo yers ago when my lad was a small boy and we went through Dahl`s back catalogue together,....... if you cn find out the serials etc it should form an interesting pair. 

4 hours ago, Homer said:

At least i know iam not the only one suffering from bad luck when trying to finish a kit.The carpet monster is my main problem .

Anyway you have to be congratulated on a fine model.

Thanks Homer,..... I think I get my fair share of jinxed models to be fair and we suspect our carpet monster is in league with the spirit of an old lady who used to live in our house,..... she is always hiding things,....... that is our only explanation anyway LOL!

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Well to look at it, you wouldn’t know you’d had problems. Looks super and the camo suits it. 

Happy Boxing Day,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,.... and a Happy Boxing Day to you too mate.    

• Like 1

Hello Tony !

Jinxed or not, it's a beauty !!

Very good job and you finally make it to the RFI...

No kits can resist....

An Airfix 1/48 Gladiator ?? I'll just say "Take my money !!"

It will be great indeed !! 

Hey !! Mr and Mrs Airfix !! Did you hear us ???

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony !

Jinxed or not, it's a beauty !!

Very good job and you finally make it to the RFI...

No kits can resist....

An Airfix 1/48 Gladiator ?? I'll just say "Take my money !!"

It will be great indeed !! 

Hey !! Mr and Mrs Airfix !! Did you hear us ???

Sincerely.

CC

Cheers CC,.... yeah wouldn`t it be lovely in 1/48th scale eh! This one almost went against the wall,...... it has just been horribly jinxed,..... I`ve had to make new struts and all sorts! 

7 minutes ago, Kentavros76 said:

The curse will go away only if you start working on the next one as soon as possible!👻

Regardless of the mishaps the model turned out a real beauty!👍

Happy holiday. 

Thank You,..... and you are of course completely correct,..... onwards and upwards! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, P-3s rule said:

Wow, that Glad is superb Tony! Great work. 

I'm inspired to have a go at a heller 1/72 glad in my stash now!

Thanks mate,..... yeah the old Glad is a handsome looking thing,..... good luck with your old Heller kit,.... it is nice kit but this new Airfix kit blows it out of the water.  

Hi Tony,

Yet another superb result, and good to know it's a great kit, it's difficult to see that you've had any problems along the way.

I've also got one in my stash - I've a hankering for examples in Irish Air Corps and Swedish Flygvapnet markings, apart from RAF, so I'm going to need several more.....

Some great looking examples on that decal sheet!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Tony,

Yet another superb result, and good to know it's a great kit, it's difficult to see that you've had any problems along the way.

I've also got one in my stash - I've a hankering for examples in Irish Air Corps and Swedish Flygvapnet markings, apart from RAF, so I'm going to need several more.....

Some great looking examples on that decal sheet!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,..... yeah so many nice options,..... I just hate the rigging! 

• Like 2

Hi Tony

"An Irish one"  says you well I'd certainly follow and watch you work your magic as usual, but "what's the correct green"  on that too 🤣  might be easier to do a camouflage one. 😉  Seriously  No matter what you do it will still look fantastic and i'm sure you've got the gremlins out of the way after  this build too

Hat's off to you for what your producing & the back stories really impressive 

as always regards 

Eamonn

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Hi Tony

"An Irish one"  says you well I'd certainly follow and watch you work your magic as usual, but "what's the correct green"  on that too 🤣  might be easier to do a camouflage one. 😉  Seriously  No matter what you do it will still look fantastic and i'm sure you've got the gremlins out of the way after  this build too

Hat's off to you for what your producing & the back stories really impressive 

as always regards 

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,..... yeah another green conundrum eh,....LOL!! I did have some old Heller Gladiators in the pre war and `Emergency' schemes,..... but they are due replacement as they were involved in the flood!  I lost most of my Irish collection,.... so I might try to replace them in the next few years,...... Anson, Hudson, Walrus, Seafire, DH9, Cadet,  Allouette, Vampire, Hurricanes, Master, Battle, Cessna, Lysanders, Magister,...... and others,... all ruined and gone! I do have the SF260 to build,.... so that may be the catalyst,...we`ll see! 

Very kind of you mate,..... glad you like them,

Hope you have a Happy New Year pal,

Tony

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

Another masterpiece from Tony. Simply perfect...

Serkan

I wouldn`t say that Serkan,.... but thank you anyway,..... there are quite a few mistakes and home made parts to replace those which were lost or broken during its numerous crashes!!

19 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Eamonn,..... yeah another green conundrum eh,....LOL!! I did have some old Heller Gladiators in the pre war and `Emergency' schemes,..... but they are due replacement as they were involved in the flood!  I lost most of my Irish collection,.... so I might try to replace them in the next few years,...... Anson, Hudson, Walrus, Seafire, DH9, Cadet,  Allouette, Vampire, Hurricanes, Master, Battle, Cessna, Lysanders, Magister,...... and others,... all ruined and gone! I do have the SF260 to build,.... so that may be the catalyst,...we`ll see! 

Very kind of you mate,..... glad you like them,

Hope you have a Happy New Year pal,

Tony

Hi Tony 

Sorry too hear about the flood that must have been heartbreaking & a big loss judging by the list, but I guess however slowly you will get more replacements.

Happy New year to you too mate 🍻 

looking forward to seeing what you have build wise for us in 2021 

Stay Safe 

Eamonn

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Hi Tony 

Sorry too hear about the flood that must have been heartbreaking & a big loss judging by the list, but I guess however slowly you will get more replacements.

Happy New year to you too mate 🍻 

looking forward to seeing what you have build wise for us in 2021 

Stay Safe 

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,..... yeah it was a bit rubbish but what can you do eh? Hopefully I`ll get some done in 2021!

Happy New Year to you too mate,

Tony

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Great Gladiator , very realistic finish !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman,..... very kind of you. 

29 minutes ago, Vulcanicity said:

Lovely Glad, I particularly like the overpainted roundels.... brings back memories of doing the same with a Falklands Sea Harrier years ago!

Thanks Phil,.... yeah exactly the same job and principle! A real SHAR going `down south' or a model?

Edited by tonyot