Matchbox Sea Fox.

Hi folk's last wingy build of this year,got the kit forpennies from e-bay it's just sat in the drawer for a while so

decided to build her as we used to minus rigging etc,thanks for looking in.

20201224_164303

20201224_164107

20201224_164047

20201224_164425

20201224_164432

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Matchbox kits in the 70s.  Bought from the local Newsagent with pocket money on a Saturday morning, stuck together with no interior painting during the day and maybe painted with a brush in whatever Airfix/Humbrol/Gloy enamel colours were in the drawer; or maybe not painted at all and just left in their two or three colour plastic glory.  Decals added on the Sunday, if not already done on the Saturday, and then 'flown' around the bedroom with aeroplaney sounds before joining the other models on the shelf or hanging from thread from the ceiling.  You have to be a 'certain age' to understand what on earth I am waffling on about, so thank you Steve for a very pleasant flashback to simpler times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

thanks for looking in

My pleasure. She is a beauty.

3 hours ago, Natter said:

Matchbox kits in the 70s.

For me, the early eighties, and usually something Falklands inspired like a Harrier. I loved (and still do) the multicolour plastic so paint was very optional for me.

• Like 1

Yes iam that certain age ,remember well the joy of hurrying back home to stick it together and show your mates your latest jem.You have done a great job ,well done 👍🎅

• Like 1