Time For Bed Said Zebedee - Revell 1/72 Shackleton A.E.W. 2

AliGauld

7 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Beautiful work, Alistair!

Thanks very much.

3 hours ago, Big Dave S said:

It's a smashing piece of work. Really very nice.

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, amos brierley said:

Looking very tidy indeed.     😃

Thanks so much.

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Wow, very nice Alistair.

Well worth the wait.

Looking forward to seeing her in RFI.

So next a pretty little Mustang.

At least it won`t take up so much room.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

should be a little less to try and manipulate around without breaking things.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

Really enjoyed watching this come together - fine result. I now foresee a Shackleton in my future.

Looking forward now to the little friend.

Q

Thanks so much.

The help and encouragement I've received from the good folks on here made the long road less winding.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

Just now, Back in the Saddle said:

Great result Ali.👍

I have this in my stash, so will bookmark your build for research when I finally get it out!

Thanks very much.

I think I made just about every user error possible so hopefully that will set you on the right road.

One tip I didn't mention. Fit the exhausts before you fit the props and spinners. I had a devil of a job getting them in around the Props.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely job Alistair. I always think the Shackleton looks very modern even though it’s more likely the last in the line of WW2 heavy bombers. Probably the colour schemes and the absence of camo.

I’m not a bomber person but I would like a B29 ( but probably 1/144)in the collection and I keep threatening to build a Zeppelin Stakken ( I have the rare planes Vac just sitting there but it’s enormous) not I’m also contemplating one in 1/144 if I can just figure out how to do the lozenge camouflage, that doesn’t involve a lot of brush painting with a oooo brush and a magnifier :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Lovely job Alistair. I always think the Shackleton looks very modern even though it’s more likely the last in the line of WW2 heavy bombers. Probably the colour schemes and the absence of camo.

I’m not a bomber person but I would like a B29 ( but probably 1/144)in the collection and I keep threatening to build a Zeppelin Stakken ( I have the rare planes Vac just sitting there but it’s enormous) not I’m also contemplating one in 1/144 if I can just figure out how to do the lozenge camouflage, that doesn’t involve a lot of brush painting with a oooo brush and a magnifier :) 

Thanks very much.

If you do have to go with the brush, good luck with that.

Cheers,

Alistair

17 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

If you do have to go with the brush, good luck with that.

Hmm it’s the kind of thing I did as a kid ( I once hand painted a Hannover CLIII in five colour lozenge pattern)

My current thoughts were either to scan the pattern in my old Scalemodels magazine ( it’s  in 1/72) reduce it to 1/144 colour it in on the PC and print  it on to decal film. The alternative would be to do the same and use my laser engraver ( when I get around to fixing or replacing it) to make a series of single colour masks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Hmm it’s the kind of thing I did as a kid ( I once hand painted a Hannover CLIII in five colour lozenge pattern)

My current thoughts were either to scan the pattern in my old Scalemodels magazine ( it’s  in 1/72) reduce it to 1/144 colour it in on the PC and print  it on to decal film. The alternative would be to do the same and use my laser engraver ( when I get around to fixing or replacing it) to make a series of single colour masks. 

Being the lazy type I would go with the scan and print. Getting them resized would be the hardest part.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Great job on the Growler, Alistair! Hopefully it will inspire me to finish mine (all it needs is the fuselage to be glued together, some sanding, the wings on, some primer, some paint...).

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Learstang said:

Great job on the Growler, Alistair! Hopefully it will inspire me to finish mine (all it needs is the fuselage to be glued together, some sanding, the wings on, some primer, some paint...).

Best Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason,

You will get there and sooner than you think and it will be marvellous.

Thanks for all you help, support and encouragement during this marathon.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1