The Midnight Sky on Netflix

Am I the only person who thinks the ending makes almost no sense at all? 

Obviously, if folks want to discuss this, then we will have to get into serious Spoiler Territory....

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm, as myself and my beloved alternated between the re watching of Firefly and Person of interest, we decided on watching The Midnight Sky. Ok the ending basically was open to a lot of speculation. I was of the mind that Geroge's companion was his the memory of (his daughter) or relevant child from his past who was removed from his life. Perhaps she now returned as a side effect from the medication  George was on? Co-incidentley the same child grew up and became part of the mission George was attempting to contact. All in all too many questions left unresolved. Not great.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I've already filed the film in the "Never-watch-again" drawer. That space is getting very crowded now...

Chris.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 25/01/2021 at 04:37, spruecutter96 said:

To be honest, I've already filed the film in the "Never-watch-again" drawer. That space is getting very crowded now...

Chris.  

I placed on my TV "shelf of doom" in the box labelled S B I C F ( So Bad I Couldn't Finish).

Alongside such  "gems" as Another Life, Pearl Harbour, Titanic, The Revenant, Hurricane and, many others.....! 😉😂

I have been known to occasionally take them off the shelf, dust them down and try again but, it's usually a case of "Nah!" followed by shudders, a shake of the head and, replacing said items back on the shelf.

To this day I have NEVER managed to sit through Pearl Harbour  or, Titanic for the full length of the films.

Once you fast forward past the extraneous fluff there's not much left.

John.

Edited by Beermonster1958
  • Haha 1

I quite enjoyed Midway. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I felt they tried to stick to actual events as much as possible but maybe crammed too much in. Either way I would watch it again.

I must admit I bought Midway cheap in Morrisons, watched it and it has gone on the pile of donations when the charity shops open again. The CGI was way over the top in terms of lurid colours  and we seem to be back in the land of the inexhaustible ammo supply. 

• Like 1